Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wanna Tri?

I signed up for the Women of Steel Triathlon next May. This race sells out really fast because they pass out chocolate at the finish line. No, really it’s because it’s the perfect beginners triathlon; a swim in a pool and no men. Do you have plans to do a triathlon? According to my sister Donna, you have to have a bunch of kids and want to get away from them, but that’s not the only reason to do one. IMG_0507IMG_0492

I did one in August of 2008 and surprised myself. I was hoping to just fit in and not be last. I liked the whole experience, especially the training and I now hold it, the triathlon, responsible for propelling me into…other things, painting, weight loss, more babies…. Things I did not think I could ever do. Maybe something else has been that catalyst for you. It’s powerful—no?

I’ll look for you at the finish line – while I'm gobbling up chocolate.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Very inspiring...I love how you say it has made it so you can do many other things. I agree 100%. I wish I was closer so I could do it with you. The thing that keeps me from doing tris out here in NH is that they are never in a pool...lake water grosses me out. Good luck Iron Woman. :)

Unknown said...

I think I'm in! Let's talk.

Robyn said...

If only I could swim! Do you need me to ride the bike for you--of course not you are one tough woman. I will come cheer you on though. :)