Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Lutherans Saved Christmas

Well… they saved the tree sniffing party. Our over the top delivered tree was never delivered – the order had been lost:( Monday night the Lutheran Church in Taylorsville advertised on KSL trees from their preschool fund raiser for sale. James Mair, deal sniffer and savior of many of my crisis’, picked up a 7 foot Noble Fir for $32. It’s beautiful and still drinking a quart a day. He got on the mailing list for next year.

053054

On to the night--It was smelling heavenly but in my rush to do a dinner, I stuck tatter tots in the oven to feed the kids. Tots smell stronger than a Noble Fir. Stick that in your brain for future reference. Thank you wonderful friends and neighbors that came and smelled my tatter tots, it was such a fun night. To my beloved blog friends and readers that couldn’t make it: scratch the screen? sniff? missed you

002 057

On to Christmas –This Christmas song: Mary’s Boy Child, have you heard it? I first heard it from the Time Life Christmas CDs--Henry Belefonte sings it. The message is simple and the tune hangs around in my thoughts. “And man will live forever more because of Christmas Day”. I even found a PDF of the sheet music.

We all sat on Santa…

024

and touched his reindeer. There were also balloon animals and bouncy houses. Nothing says Christmas like balloon animals and bouncy houses. Do you see a terrified Stuart?

009 012 013

The Great Isaac Scott has been Christmas Card posing . He’s so close to smiling, I’m going to hold out. James Mair says he looks like ET. Are you on my list? This year’s card will not disappoint, and I’m using Costco. Even if you pop in occasionally, you must email me your address. noramair@gmail.com

063

Merry Christmas to me. My kitchen rarely looks like this; I had to snap a photo. My dear friend Robyn cleaned it for me. You might want to ask Santa for a Robyn. Your life will be richly blessed.

002

Amazon is saving Christmas as well this year, you too? And the weather has been so mild all the snow has melted, we might attempt Temple Square.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

We're sad we missed the party but so happy you have a beautiful live tree and we get to see it soon! I LOVE your kitchen. All your "research" on flooring payed off, it's beautiful. Now, maybe a little granite in 2011?

Anonymous said...

Nora, we have a new address, can't wait for your annual card:
DeBuck Family
11 Corte de Canoncito
Cedar Crest, NM 87008

Love, Rachel

Melissa said...

Hey! I would LOVE a christmas card! I'll email you my address right now!

Jennifer said...

You crack me up. I love the happiness that speaks through your words.

That kitchen, and the photo of it, look magazine-worthy. Truly. I hadn't seen yet seen the island wrapped in beadboard, and it looks great!

About the Christmas cards, yes yes! Someone else I know did a blog post telling people to request her card, and since I'd mailed her one the previous year, I didn't comment because I thought I was a shoo-in. Nope. (unless the mail is reallllllly slow.)

Take care!

Miss M said...

I would have totally been there for your tater tot smelling night. That is really funny.

You have such a beautiful family.
Merry Christmas

Braunersrither Family said...

Love your kitchen! Love your baby too, he is super yummy!

Michelle said...

Love your kitchen, the floor is GORGEOUS!

Heather C. said...

See if you can find Mary's Boy Child performed by Boney-M. They're funky and it's an awesome version!

amylouwhosews said...

I have a Robyn! Her name is Summer - totally suits her sunniness!

I'll send you my addy! xo