Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Displaced and Hickory Floors!

This is Isaac on laundry mornings: Pingu!  Have you watched it?  It took me a while but it’s hilarious.  NOUK! NOUK!  did your mouth just go circle?   003 Pack meeting on Tuesday where Ben earned the Manners pin and belt loop.  Sunrise. IMG_1580  004On Wednesday we ran out of water.  Not really, because this cabin has a 150 foot well out back and well…nothing.  I packed up and went to Grandma’s house.  But sweet relief, the next day, a relay switch was replaced and the water came back!  Hurray!  We have officially confirmed that a family of 7 goes no where without a deep footprint!  We even took Just Dance and Skylanders.  006 Friday was super early out (end of term) so we went to Heber to the dollar store and found warm temps and a playground with green (fake) grass.  Behold: IMG_1596 IMG_1591We also played with cousins and Kim (super sis-in-law) made me this sandwich: It’s a roast beast with caramelized onions, peppers toasted with provolone… I ate it so slow. IMG_1600And now an indulgence.  The house so far!  Paper, and stucco applicators.  Another hickory floor, although this only took two months to pick out compared to the Burnt Sugar that took more than 2 years.  Improvements!   015 020 028 I was going to type up a report about the pregnancy and how it’s going—you know because folks ask--but I’ll get to that next week. I’ll include some funny comments from the kids and some memories of the last 6.031     IMG_1609

I like the grain, knots, color variations and the distressed finish. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We went to the fake grass park over the summer. I kept wondering how they were going to keep it clean (gum??) Cute baby bump!