Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

So, did you know I’m due on April 6th? And other questions you might have…

What’s this pregnancy like compared to past ?

The same, I have fat feet, fingers and calves.   Although in the past I’ve had vein pain start around 26 weeks, but so far the vein pain has not shown up (30 weeks yesterday!) Hoo-Ray! 

What do you think about a new baby?

Elated!  After the 20 week ultrasound when all the markers were unremarkable and normal my worries melted.  A baby that’s alive with his biggest heath concern being colic, sounds super ideal!

Has being in transition been the distraction like you thought and hoped?

NO!  I thought for sure I wouldn't even notice being pregnant while living a rootless, vacation lifestyle while building a house, but I haven’t forgotten once.  

What do the kids think about the new baby?

His in-utero name has been Billy Bobby Joe, which Isaac always says fondly—the boys are excited he’s a boy, the girls were a tad sad.  I was surprised as well but I had a strong impression around 12 weeks, while folding a shirt that all the boys had worn, that I might just be folding it in another two years.   The impression was impressive because I immediately collected a donation sack full of the rattiest offending boy clothes, then clipped a coupon and shopped the same week for clothes for Isaac (who never gets new clothes). 

I found Adelaide giggling one day because my belly was jiggling while wiping the counter, “you know, like Santa” she said! 

She’s also mentioned how much better maternity clothes look on me than regular ones. 

She’s also said I wear the same things—and it’s true, I’m in the uniform trimester, where one by one I’m squeezed out of my maternity rags.  Few fit the last weeks, sigh, bananas and ice cream…  

How’s the sleeping?  Any crazy dreams?   

6 hours and I feel great!  I wish I could sleep more, but I think my brain turning on around 4am (if I fall asleep before 10) is a genetic trait.  My mother always woke early. 

The most memorable dream lately was me getting a pedicure.  The pedicurist broke off one of my more offending calluses and found an extra toe!  The same size as my pinky finger. 

Any running-with-Meredith-confessionals?

The sad hoo-ray has been the PR I’m going for in weight.  What I really could use is my own personal Edna, the costume maker from the Incredibles;  “My g**, you’ve gotten fat!”  I’m reading Bringing up Bebe, a book about French culture regarding  pregnancy and child rearing.  She points out the meal ticket, any expecting woman in the US, takes.  It’s true, I think I’ve forgotten how to eat sensibly.  I really used to “pay attention” (the French advice).  Nope, not anymore.  The same weight I’ve gained and lost the last 6 times will be there again, right?  What’s a little more so long as I can go to bed with a bowl of bananas and ice cream?  I will totally regret these words and actions.

However I would recommend a veggie pepper jack open face broil with sweet baby rays and mustard.  paper plate addiction check…032

In other news, we had an awesome day of fun, sun, and sledding on MLK with the Smiths, and Noels.  Relaxing and enjoyable. 

Benjamin was King Tut in his 4th grade wax museum.  I complained about how it seemed like mom homework, but Ben’s just a little disenchanted with all school work, so I took an active roll and encouraged him.  031

A new term is here and Adelaide now has middle school gym, complete with gym clothes, gym locker and optional showers.  They run the mile and get to swim every Friday too…lucky.   She’s also in a keyboarding class with aprons for no peeking.

We took a Saturday outing to Midway for a diversion and found a lone ice castle at the Homestead.    057

Home news: We have kitchen cabinets and newel posts with rails! 

033 034 044  The Isaac slipped on the ice rink getting into the car, his position frozen until I assisted.  

054

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, how I love your posts. It's almost as good as hearing your cheerful voice right next to me. Your baby is the luckiest.
Do you still have Bringing Up Bebe kicking around? I wanted to make the cake recipe but forgot to write it down before returning to the library.

Unknown said...

Please keep up the entertainment!! I love your kitchen, so warm!