Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January Days

We’ve been living at the cabin now for six weeks and there have been some perks and quirks.  Quirk:  The prepaid internet is limited to 10GB a month, so we went on a streaming video diet.  No sneak peeks of new episodes or catch up of missed ones.   The Perk: We have movie night every night!  There is a great collection here and we pop something in for the dinner prep and I’m sick of homework hour at 5:30!  James gets home around 7ish when we’ll eat dinner and go to bed.  Bravo.

537538541Adelaide set a goal for Faith in God in the physical fitness section to sled or do Just Dance, every day during the week.  Workouts are going GREAT! 
525526528522
Stuart brought home an Eskimo that ate everything from a string fish to a whale.  He told Isaac the story many times.             534 Loves the rescue bots!  They watch him go to the bathroom and take a bath and sleep.  Boulder is his favorite with Blades, a close second.543 Ben works on the Utah Counties Travel Log, which he doesn’t love, after scouts which he likes okay.  IMG_1577Another perk is close family.  Tonight we ate dinner at John’s (my brother) with all the girls playing dolls from Christmas and the boys talking Pokémon, yoyos and legos.  Blessings also for the two gimpy limbs with pinched nerves: James' neck/arm and John's back/leg.  IMG_1573
The girls made doll ice cream accessories out of cotton, paint and sprinkles (dish made out of a water bottle even).  Stuart asked for ice cream after seeing them.
   IMG_1550IMG_1579
Saw the house on Friday and there was a propane dryer, drying the drywall, it was sweltering inside.  iPhone picture from the master bedroom!   Buns and scarfs, both all the rage, but together Adelaide?

I have contacted about every reader of this blog about a project I’m doing for 2014.  Here’s the link to the project and it’s not too late to do it.  Read it over?  You could do it. 

My goals/projects for 2014: How about that January one being done?  Two weeks in a row and there are two new posts!  Yea for doing what I said I'd do!  

January—Blog once a week on my family blog about my family and their doings and then upload it to Blurb, a site that can eventually print it into a book. 
February -- Move into a new house and hang up 50 things.  This is what’s happened in the past:  I move into a new to me space and the blinds and window coverings take years, frames and art are just propped against the wall on the floor below where I want to hang them.  I feel indecisive about some of it, so none of it gets hung.     
March --  Organize spices and recipes.  I’ve tried in the past, and it’s good for a while but, new spices have been bought and new recipes have been printed and the whole lot of it is a real mess;  an exploding binder, delays in cooking the recipes I can’t find with unlocatable seasonings!
April -- Have a baby.  Baby boy Mair is due on the 6th.  Babies are newborns for about a month, so I’ll be holding, feeding and feeling this major life change and doing not much else.  I’ve always wanted to write some memories about the newborn stage and being a mom, so that’s what it’ll be.   
May -- A photo a day.  I bought a camera more than a year ago that would help my indoor, low light, birthday, Christmas morning, basement shots and it’s been pulled out very little while I try to understand aperture and speed.  I’ll do a decent online tutorial and take a least one picture a day.  I’m hoping to capture a printable candid shot from each of my kids. 
June -- Start a Mother Daughter Book Club  I’ve talked about it for years. Needed would be: A book list, a schedule, to ask a few moms and BAM, combining two loves: books and kids. 
July--  Full Moon Antelope Island Bike ride.  I’ve wanted to do this ride for the last two years, and while I really like biking, I’ll never bike down the Oregon coast, Alaska, or across Europe with my family.  But I can bike to a close by island in the dark.  I’m taking the baby and any of my other kids who want to ride. 
August -- Host an outdoor couples dinner party with no mosquitoes, outdoor lighting, in a cool location. 
September -- Eat a vegetarian diet for a whole month.  My end goal for this is to have some tastier meals and sides for my family that include more varied grain and more vegetables.  Also to notice health benefits if there are any. 
October -- Photo Albums.  Print 9 years of digital pictures that are on the computer and place them in my already purchased albums.  Place pictures of mission and wedding in albums to be looked through by future marriage and mission engagers. 
November--Plan and carry out a family service opportunity (project), One that will feed into a community/business organized Christmas one, or for a family or friend that has a need we could fill.   
December -- Hold 7 devotionals with my family (we’ll call it advent).  We held three this past December using the book, A Christ Centered Christmas, by Emily Freeman.  The kids really liked them and I did too, but I was a little uncommitted to the book’s lessons and wanted to do my own, but didn’t.  The ultimate goal being to encourage Christmas thinking and pondering.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog update I can't wait for next weeks! Go Addie, we love "Just Dance!"

Nora Mair said...

Thanks Sharon...

Jennifer said...

I love these peeks into your cute family -- and I am awed by the rainbow coordination of Ben's crayon caddy. Gives me an itch to color something ...

Sorry I missed you this weekend.

Jennifer said...

P.S. I didn't know he was a lefty!

Addie could pose for a Dutch master with her bun/scart combo. Such a beautiful girl.