Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Lunch with me Thursday…

Do you remember your first friend?  Annice was mine.  We were in the same first grade class when she moved in 4 houses down the street.  She was in the green reading group and I was in the yellow. 011016

She had a sleepover where we all slept out back in a tent.  Her dad would take us to the Murray swimming pool.  She taught me how to play Skip Bo, while sitting on the sidewalk in front of her house.  I remember her calling me on the phone when we were just newly teenagers and she asked me what my favorite soda pop was.  Hers was Dr. Pepper.   

Once, at girls camp, she fell while saying: “I don’t want to run down the trail, I might fall…”  She was all scratched up; we told everyone it was a raccoon that attacked her.  We even made up a song about it.018

Annice had the best and biggest basement!  I can not even count how many Little Caesar pizzas and Western Family, family size bags of licorice I consumed down there, all while watching Stand By Me, Saturday Night Live and listening to Erasure. 

She, along with Sharon, threw a surprise 16th birthday party for me in the aforementioned basement.  It made my year!

 007

She came to lunch yesterday and it was delightful!  She has two adorable kids, that played so well with mine.  Little Molly chased the chickens while Cole and Stuart dug in the sand.  For the rest of the day I was high on nostalgia of my childhood.  Make dinner?  What dinner?  My attention had been diverted to camping at Bear Lake, getting the worst sunburn on my back, playing Uno until late late late with Scotty and Justin, and memorizing every word to the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack.014

I can’t wait to make you another sandwich Annice. 

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

How fun! What great memories!

Annice and Ben said...

We had a blast too! Can't wait to do it again!! Thanks for reminding me too of all of the fun memories we have shared! You have always been such a great friend and I love you so much!! Your post made me laugh and cry!! Thank you so much!!