Pages

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Freezer Paper & Activity Days

A month or so ago I was shopping Walmart late on a Saturday night and I found these,  Mylie Cyrus hoody jackets marked $1.  ONE DOLLAR?  I bought 15.  Wouldn’t you?  They were a dollar.001  005003 004 

The Activity Day girls traced stencil shapes onto freezer paper and with acrylic paint and foam brushes went at it.  It’s a tough balance, having an activity where there is control but also creativity.

If you need a tutorial on freezer paper stencils, they are all over the internet.  Char, from Crap I’ve Made has a good one.   We traced these shapes:  Sun, Flower, groovy flowers, and cupcakes.  Dang, I can’t find the groovy flower link.      

002

And this groovy gal has a birthday next week.  She wants a disco party.  Pin John Travolta on the dance floor anyone?  And she does wear her heart(s) on her sleeve…   

1 comment:

Donna and Bevan said...

I thought those hoodies had a huge pic of Miley on them? They look great!