Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And groovy it was…

013 015

Addie made the stencil for the peace sign on the cake.  You could tell it was a peace sign right?  Are you checking out the cheese balls as well?  The favorite candy of the day was Swedish fish.  mmmm   

018 023

Playing the Wii Just Dance Kids and tie-dying bandanas.  

027 028

I wish the colors would have been darker but the design work was fun to see.  I used Rit powder with salt and detergent.  Lots of rubber bands, stuffed into a zipolc and set in the sun. 

 031 033 036

Miranda opted to let her bandana dye in the ziploc a little longer.  When I said pose like it’s a cape, Miranda had Addie rolling. 

038 045

All in all a huge success!  We dropped a few of the party games when the rinsing part of tie dying went long.  Addie said it was the best party ever and with costumes like these and party snacks, including those cheese balls, well hands down, amen. 

In college my first roommate ever introduced me to Tommy Roe.  Heard of him?  From the early sixties.  He sings about girls, girls, and girls but it’s innocent and so danceable. His best are Dizzy, Sweet Pea (Paige’s Favorite), and Sheila. 

I let you all believe I was going to do the Lotoja by myself.  As if.  I didn’t even try to modify the post or jump into the comments.  Actually,we (Robyn, Vanessa, and Jen) applied for a 4 person relay ticket and we’ll know if we’re in by May.  Our team name:19kids@home.       

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a fun party!
And you ARE amazing for doing the Lotoja, even on a team. 19 kids??? Some of them have more kids than you!?!