Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Michelley

Michelle lived on Ticklegrass four doors down and had married my senior class president.   We’ve been friends ever since.   We went for an off track distraction and she:

1. Set up a bouncy house (for my kids)

2. Synced her Wii motes (for my kids)

3. Fed me Pastor Ryan’s Chicken Tikka Masala with whole wheat couscous--heaven.   I used her as an audience for cutting Benjamin’s hair.  He behaved remarkably well and she offered him a prize.  She then let me babble on and on while she held and adored my cranky baby.  What a friend.  

Michelle commented that she is loving my blog, and the more frequent posts.  I was snobby and told her it’s all for me and my “record”.  But that’s not true! Not True!  It is for you Michelle and everyone else who comes of your own volition, (or through Google reader).  Thanks for reading my “record” and at times mentioning what you like.  I only wish we could all live on Ticklegrass together, to swap kids and have sugar to lend.   (Although, not particularly Ticklegrass because that road was busy and on a big hill; we’d  have flattened kids who wouldn’t know how to ride a bike).      009What we did in return:  Made them fruit pizza and balloon animals.011Grandma Christy gave Addie a bunch of balloons, balloon books and a pump for her birthday.  It has resulted in hours of entertainment and she’s getting good at it. She’s especially good at giraffes and wiener dogs.  She’ll even make you a hat.003One last thing.  Addie told me she wants to marry someone who looks like Ken, as in Ken and Barbie.  “Thank you, well groomed man…” (name that movie)  016Speaking of a well groomed man…he’s sleeping on his own in the girls’ old pink room.  I should probably get around to painting it.  Or at least take down the flowered curtains. 

Sharon, he loves [all natural rubber, made in France, $20, upscale baby teether] Sophie the Giraffe.  Thanks for sending her.  You’re right, all the kids play with Sophie.   

p.s.  We went to a wedding reception this weekend and they had a rice crispy treat cake.  Also a buffet of every kind of rice crispy treat.   Top vote to Heath Bar and second place to mint.      

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Michelle's a ray of sunshine, that's for sure. Oh, the pressure now. I fear my house, and let's face it -- me, will not be nearly as fun a visit for your kiddos. But I'm sure looking forward to it! Does Thursday still work? Elise has some projects in mind.

Sharon said...

I'm glad you love Sophie! (for the record I only paid $10 for her on a lightning special)

I know a girl who made a TON of money in high school working balloon magic at birthday parties, I think Addie is well on her way!