Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

This recipe came from Jackie, my cousin Judd’s wife, who I’ve only met a handful of times but thanks to my most beloved family cook book, I have her best.  And folks (dearest cousin Heather) this is what you do with 10 pounds of Velveeta, it’s like eating liquid cheese.  Have a crusty bread handy.  It freezes great, I made 10 batches to trade this month

2 cups water

1/2 onion diced

2 chicken bouillon cubes

1 lb broccoli chopped

In one pot combine water, onion and bouillon and simmer for 5 minutes.  Add broccoli and simmer  5 minutes more or until soft.   In a second pot mix the following:

1 cube butter (1/2 cup)

1/4 cup flour

4 cups milk

4 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 lb Velveeta

2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

When cheese is melted add the first pot (broccoli, onion, water) in as well.  Stir and eat. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.