Pages

Monday, November 02, 2009

Happy Halloween

Success!

All the costumes were done by Wednesday, three days early! A new record!

Introducing: Charlie Brown,A 50's girl,Monkey Boy,And Lady.A new shift on carving pumpkins and mind you I've been married 11 years. The most resourceful James Mair can carve! He found creative and intricate templates from the internet that did not disappoint. I forgot to document--but I will next year.

We trick or treated at Grandma's house,and headed home to eat tatter tots (requested by Ben).I'm not used to the later in the year switch to day light savings time (yet--it's been three years right?) but we were ready a little after 5. When I was a kid--that was the time to be ready to leave for the maximum time allowed for a trick-or-treating candy haul. It was still warm and sunny at five! So we snapped pictures and played around with Bevan and Donna. Stuart collected for more than an hour!And everyone returned home, pumpkins heavy and so tired. Even too tired to sort. And Paige. Remember two years ago she had her sick station? This year she burned her fingers on the tatter tot pan. With tears, band aids, and Daddy she powered through.

As far as raiding the loot, I'm guilty--no Sugar Babies or Good and Plenty though. And after eating pretty lean for an up coming Hawaiian adventure, I held my candy well. I also shoveled down Marie Callendar pie, thanks to the trick or treating David Michelson aka Jedi Knight (41 years and he hasn't miss a year yet--oh except for one of the years on his mission).

It was a glorious weather day, festive holiday and perfect. How is it that my life is this good? Happy End of Fall to all.

10 comments:

Heather C. said...

Charlie Brown is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Love the hair swirl!

amylouwhosews said...

Adorable costumes! I love the Charlie Brown swirl too!

Halloween is way more fun with kids!

emily said...

All handmade costumes??? You are so very talented...the ladybug is my faviorite. Maybe because I had one of my own :))

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Cute kids!! I'm glad you had fun. Please say hi to Dave for me the next time you see him.

Jennifer said...

"How is it that my life is this good?"

Because you make it that way!!

Have a fabulous time in Hawaii. Bring back some vicarious adventures for me.

Chris and Jodi said...

We love the costumes. Your kids are growing up so fast!

Donna and Bevan said...

Thanks for the fun!!! We had a blast with you guys, especially Dave and his date, "Marie". Have a good time in Hawaii!

Kass said...

Shucks...those may be the cutest little halloween kids around! Seriously-you R amazing. And Hawaii??? Yes, I must live vicariously-but enjoy every moment on the beach!!!

Nicholle said...

So fun PD!

kelly said...

You deserve every happy, beautiful moment that you experience. You have a wonderful family and I think your costumes turned out great. Great job with that.