Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween and some complications......




First off--Here's my little Skelly! He has so many moods ! He helped me pass out candy and he was a really celebrity in his glow in the dark PJs.




I took the kids over to my mom's to trick or treat earlier in the day and we took some pictures. I'm so glad we did because then the craziness of Halloween set in and I didn't take anymore pictures.


Benjamin was a very cool T-Rex that I borrow from Vanessa. What a hoot of a costume. Addie was 'The Little Witch', it's a mixture of old dance costumes given new life. Paige was a kitty and I bought two of the fleeces and used one to make ears, tail and the cuff of her pants. AND she can wear the fleece and pants for the rest of the winter--two in one! Here's one of the pumpkins we carved. We even carved the cumkin which is the green one. It was grown next to the cucumber plant and hehehe.

Right before the kids left Paige threw up all over the kitty suit. She kept throwing up all night so I set up a puke station in the entry way so she could greet the trick or treaters. She loved all the kids, and the doorbell ringing. It truly was one of my craziest hours ever. Stuart was in the sling because he could not be happy anywhere else....And we had a lot of trick or treaters. This past summer I found a box of beanie babies at a yard sale and the lady sold them to me for $5. I kept a set for preschool of some very cool ones and then we gave the rest of them out to the little kids. It was so fun. A little after 9pm we turned out our lights to start our chocolate milk/popcorn tradition and to play cards (after having a great debate over referendum 1). The bell rang over and over and we tried to ignore it but then James went to tell them we were out of candy and it was a little girl in our ward that wanted a beanie baby too. She got home and saw what her sisters had and wanted one too. Her mom brought her over to see if we had any left. We had ducks left.

So to sum it up--anyone who came trick o treating to our house got a great treat but probably a trick as well. We'll have to wait to see who ends up with this particular stomach distress.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed this entry. The best part was that Paige's sickness was not mentioned until halfway down. Just another detail in the cafuffle of Halloween. You're my hero and I so enjoy reading about your fam.

Sharon said...

Addie is such a cute witch and Ben had a great costume for a three year old (how did you get him out of it). Isn't Halloween so exciting. Thats a bummer Paige kept puking but of course it was just a minor detail of the blog. Way to focus on the positive.

Spencer family said...

Halloween is the best. Your kids looked great. Two years ago Drew was my helper. This we all got to go together because we didn't have a house to pass out candy. I think that is the way to do it. It was fun to be with Mark and watch the kids run from house to house.
Post below-(I didn't go out of the house for a long time and when I did people said the funniest things. Like "you have your hands full don't you! or Are those all yours! I just laugh and say I'm crazy I know!!!)

amylouwhosews said...

A puking kid is bad enough on a normal day! Sounds like a good time in spite of it all! Loved the skeleton pjs!

Nora Mair said...

I'm realizing my fate of four (young) kids more and more every day. I did this to myself and I take full responsibility but there are some days where I forget my past actions and I question all over again...why are all my library books overdue?... why don't I have the storage room organized yet?....You guys are so great to add comments. This is one of my windows to adult conversation.

dishes and laundry said...

Love that witch costume!! And I'm all for double duty on a costume - it gets expensive.

Sorry Paige got sick, but how resourceful are you...a throw up station! Brilliant.

Mindy said...

Nora, your kids look great! You are such a trooper. We have done the puking thing on Halloween too. No fun. The Ref. 1 debate would have been fun. Shawn and I are on opposite sides, so it makes for interesting dinner discussions. Hope you had a great night!

Megan Marie said...

Hey Nora, it's your cousin megan (aka miss megan)! I love your blog! I made a blog too, so i can stay in contact with family and such, it's polkadots-megan.blogspot.com!
Talk to you later!

Robyn said...

Your kids did look so cute-what creative costumes. Ben's costume was absolutly hilarious. Paige was a trooper, and the beany babies were the biggest hit of the night. Ian has named his Iggy "the Cameleon" Tail.

Missy said...

We missed you guys up at the cabin. The Halloween costumes are great!