Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

An Escape!


On the way up to the cabin. Loving the in-drive movie.
Just happy to be going.



The weather has been just unseasonably warm. I feel like it's a bonus gift after the long, hot, pregnant summer. Last week James was in Las Vegas for a conference for four days. I survived with easy dinners and early bed times. He had Friday off so we took off to the cabin to cook out and ride the Yurf Dog. It was glorious weather.
Benjamin and Bentley were inseparable. Addie and Emma played too. Kim and I went on a walk up the hill. You can see the cabin in the background!

Yes, Stuart is still sporting the Skelly Jammies. On Saturday there was a turkey trot at the fitness center in Kamas. It was free and the first and second place got a turkey or pumpkin pie. Kim ran the 5K and took third! So close. I did the one mile walk with Stuart in the Conestoga wagon (gigantic stroller) and we took second. I'm not normally competitive there were only 4 of us in my age group so I turned on the heat. I finished one second behind red sweatshirt lady who had stopped to take off her black jacket. I should have just ditched Stu and gone for the kill (win). I talked to her after and she said every time she slowed down she heard the stroller wheels on her heels....hee hee. There was a drawing for door prizes and they took a picture of all the winners for the Kamas newspaper. It was a fun weekend. Thanks Kim and Tom for cooking all the great food and letting us spread out up there.

Now all you blog readers might be wondering, "What it's like at the cabin?" Call me, we'll go! It's so fun because the kids disappear to play and there isn't any West Jordan housework to do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Oh I wish we could have been there. I'm glad your having such nice weather. I love the picture wtih the kids and their head phones! Cute!

Megan Marie said...

Cool! I love good weather. it's been like that up here as well! It rocks.

Unknown said...

oh oh.... we want to go to the cabin again. Call us when it is sledding weather, we will make the pork burritos, or whatever you request! Well, I can't say we will make it, Michael will make it.

Amber A. said...

Nora,
You are an animal!! I bet the "red shirt lady" was super nervouse with you on her tail; with a stroller even. Your blog made me laugh. Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Amber said...

I love Stuart's face! He looks so happy to be there! Congrats on the race!

dishes and laundry said...

What a fun getaway!

I think you should have given the stroller a giant shove, pushing Stuart across the finish line first. He'd of gotten his picture in the paper.