Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Triathalon Training update

Earlier this summer I signed up for the Jordanelle Triathlon and was a little surprised myself because I could almost run for 3 minutes with out stopping and I didn't have a bike. Fast forward 2+ months and I think I'm ready.

The perks of the triathlon are these:

#1 I haven't tired of anyone of the areas of training/competition.
#2 Training with Marisa (my running coach) and Amber (Michael Phelps in girl form) has been super enjoyable.
#3 Unbelievability.....let me explain. This past Saturday we hauled all the bikes to Jordanelle to do a trial clinic. The water wasn't too cold and the bike course, a dream, compared to biking in the city where cars are everywhere. After the three events, I thought in my head, "I-did-that-mmmm-wow-never-thought-I-would-be-able-to-and-I-did-unbelievable".
#4 This really isn't a perk long term, but I've been able to eat anything for the last two weeks! I have lost a total of about 2 ounces from all the training, but I bet I've got a boat load of muscle underneath my post pregnancy lumpiness.

I can't wait for Saturday!

15 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Nora! That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how it all goes! Good Luck on Saturday.

You inspire me to get back in it!

Christensen family said...

YEAH! I am excited for you! Good luck!

-Jamie

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! I am too afraid of swimming with that many people to go for a tri. Maybe you can motivate me :-) Good Luck!!

Amber said...

"Michael Phelps in girl firm"- haha!! I wish!

Amber said...

And I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with you; you're like lightning on that bike!

Susan said...

That's so nice that you have such a good support system full of wonderful friends. My post pregnancy lumpiness keeps getting lumpier! I think I've got a 'tire' for each kid! I am proud of you! GOOD LUCK!

Vanessa Sutton said...

Yea Nora!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Nicholle said...

Wow PD! I am impressed! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Nicholle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zachary and Shanna said...

Wow! Nora that is so great. Can't wait to see how it goes. Good luck!!!

Spencer family said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes! You're amazing!

Kim said...

Sounds like you're going to do awesome! Good luck on Saturday!

The Other Osmonds said...

Wow! Look at you go! Good luck this Saturday! I'm anxious to hear how it goes!!

Rich and Nichole said...

Good luck Nora! Go kick some mommy butt!

Nicol said...

Way to go Nora... I checked out Marisa video.. what a great feeling.. I may join you next year.