Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Triathlon? ahuh.

Marisa was all a buzz talking about a triathlon (the Jordanelle) and I didn't even pay attention thinking, there was no way. Then I was swimming with Amber on Wednesday and she crunched some numbers for me after we did 7oo meters. She said that the swim was just one more length. Well if you put it like that, maybe.... I've been doing this swimming blitz lately.... so I went home thinking about it.....
I love the internet. In a half an hour I found,

*the race maps with mileage marked

*a blog of someone who had done it,

*a flickr type site where some one had posted all the pictures from last year,

*a training schedule.

*and a registration form.
I got sucked in. Plus the start is at Rock Creek State Park! Tom did you see that. Only 5 miles from the cabin. It was providence--meant to be.
So who else wants to do it? It's an invitation and it'll be fun....I'm doing the sprint one that is a half mile swim, 13 mile bike ride, and a 5K. And if you can't swim, Vanessa taught me over the phone--she could teach you too.
The training schedule said "from the couch to the race"--my hope.

I went to a cycling class this morning--WHAT HAVE I DONE?

9 comments:

Brandi said...

I think you'll do great! It's motivating to be signed up for a race. You can't back out--so you'd better keep going! That's my motivation, anyway! Good luck with the training.

Unknown said...

It is going to be so much fun!!!

Susan said...

YOU ARE SO BRAVE.

Amber said...

I've ALMOST convinced myself to do it! I did a little test this morning- I swam 900 meters, then biked for 25 minutes. I biked 5.25 miles! I think it just might be possible. . .

Amber said...

Oh, and will you email me the training schedule?

dishes and laundry said...

Woohoo! You can do it! Keep on telling people - you can't back out.

Come to Wednesday evening spinning at 6:00 with Amy. She's crazy fun and she's like Jillian on the Biggest Loser. She will work you so hard and you will love her for it. She also has the BEST music. Sometimes she plays games and just makes it so much fun. And it is insanely hard, but worth it.

Michelle said...

Release the monster Nora, you know you want to.

Christensen family said...

Hey PD!!!! How are you? This is Jamie... I got your blog from Nicholles...fun to read up on your family! And now look at you, preparing for a race. I am way jealous. It will be fun... I need to do that. Check out our blog at dj-christensen-clan.blogspot.com
Take care
-Jamie

Mylinda said...

Oh Nora. You are soooo cool. Hey even if I don't want to join you, I'd love to train with you sometime. We could go biking or swimming or running...