Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hair blogs and Eclipse Spoiler.

Through blog hopping I found a blog for little girls' hair. It was fun to scroll through and find the past dos to try on Addie. Paige, too, but hers needs to grow. I posted links on the side if you have a little girl and need some new ideas or inspiration. What a great idea that was--dang, missed my chance. Here's Addie with a do good enough for swimming lessons, lunch and Kindergarten. It was cold today!

I finished the book Eclipse from the Twilight series. The general plot was WEAK, the theme of sex before death was annoying, and it portrayed the idea that women need a strong man to protect them from themselves and their poor emotionally charged, immature choices.

Now I did finish it, and I'll admit that I could have put it down at any moment and didn't, but this book was whinny and went on and on and on.

A 10 line play for a synopsis and spoiler.
Bella: I'm being hunted-make me a vampire quick-but let me sleep with you before you do.
Edward: Nah, I'm old fashion and want to marry you first--plus I could kill you--
Bella: Nah, you love me too much to kill me and besides I love you so much that I want this for me--
Jacob: She loves me too--really.
Bella: yeah I do but I won't admit it because it I want it all! TWO men wanting to kill each other over ME--and to sleep with Edward.
ACTION PART-- Vampires and werewolves kill, protecting Bella.
Edward: You love me and want me? Okay, I guess... kiss kiss
Bella: Stop kissing me, I'll respect you and, sigh, marry you instead. The least I could do....let's not tell Jacob.
Edward: oh, but I will.....
Jacob: I'd rather be a dog forever.

There you have it. You know the whole book. The word infinitesimally stood out after the author used it more than once.

What's gets me is the idea that Edward is the new Mr. Darcy, someone to drool over. Are you kidding me? He has nothing to offer except his imprinted like possessive behavior, immortality and fast car/running. Although--there are some who are not big readers and this series has got them reading...yea...it's up and onward from here I tell you.
As far as having a young teen read this? I say no because the material seems so suggestive, I kind of think that that's fueling the fire for this series. What do you think? I did skip New Moon--A friend mentioned that the third covers the second pretty well and I didn't feel like I missed anything. Actually New Moon sounded depressing. Hey Stuart, what did you think of Eclipse? Really that bad huh? You're just tasting Mandarin oranges for the first time? Oh, you seemed a little young to be reading. Enough of my rant. Now more pictures.

This is us at the cemetery over memorial day. Can you believe the size of this family? Unreal.
This if for Grandma. She got a new cat, Oreo, and I think these pictures have meow!The planter I can't stay away from--and yes, Stuart is napping inside.My cute cousin Melissa came to dinner last night and the kids loved her! She told them to come to California and we'll all go to Disneyland... They think it's a great idea! Jessica too--friends, you know.

Siblings! Hug Power!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never laughed so hard in my life! Thank you for saying what so many of us have been thinking. I'm going to link this on my blog because it's brilliant! Thanks Nora!

Unknown said...

love the synopsis of Eclipse, I'm not going to waste my time.

Jennifer said...

Hee hee. I'm with you in thinking Bella's a big WHINER! You were wise to skip the 2nd book, as it was just lots of whine and cheese. These books were good "late night feeding reads" (for me and the characters, ha!), but I was disappointed after all the hype. And I will not ever encourage my daughters to read them.

Jennifer said...

Oh, another thing. As for Edward being the new Mr. Darcy . . . How appealing is someone content to live through high school again and again?

amylouwhosews said...

yes, yes, yes!! i'm so happy I'm not the only one! I was telling some friends about your post today - we were laughing so hard! She is a total whiner.

And if you want a new Mr. Darcy - go watch the BBCs North and South - Mr. Thornton is way better than Edward.

I think Jacob should go find a more stable girl anyway.

Michelle said...

I agree that Bella is a whiner...on the other hand, I loved the book. Of course, it's not as good as the original. I think Ms. Meyer is getting stretched too thin...

Amber said...

So true, so true! I liked Twilight, but the next two really were a waste of time. Though I admit, I finished them both. Just too lazy to go to the library for new books, remember?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your synopsis. Everyone has been pressuring me to read them and I just didn't feel up to it and I definitely won't now.

Brandi said...

Well, I liked the books...I guess I don't have great literary taste or I'm just very easily entertained!

Nicholle said...

Great synopsis PD! I think they convey a TERRIBLE message for young girls! Do you have a suggestions for a good read?

dishes and laundry said...

Your family is just so dang cute! I love the fancy hair and the first taste of mandarin oranges.

I read the first in the series and then I got bored with the second...haven't bothered with the third. Loved your summary - too funny!

Spencer family said...

I didn't get a chance to read the books for book club so thanks for the brief. It will be fun to hear what everyone has to say about it!
Way cute kids!