Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Events and Mental Chatter.....

Forgive me my faithful clickers....My muteness is not usually a characteristic I'm known for. I'm trying to pin point the reason and I've come up with: Too many changes. Here's a list and I did say reasons but I really mean excuses.


The first thing: The Boy is now mobile. He's rolling and skooching everywhere. Blogging is hindered because I have to sweep (not really) so much more so his belly doesn't do it for me. He's just like a dog--finding scraps on the floor--'ohh a snack for me?'.... Here's the bottomless pit after taking on a cookie.






The second thing: Season change. So the flower beds that I've ignored for the last two years are my latest obsession. I'm out there ever night deciding which volunteer flower/weed can stay and what goes. My inner wannabe gardener is emerging. Plus the wee ones want to be outside too and at times they go unchaperoned but other times I leave blogging on the computer to look after them as well--especially when there's a cougar in the area.



The third thing: Paige is chattering away. She used to do this airy Allison Kraussy babble that had intonation and meaning but was completely undecipherable--and then all of a sudden--she's says stuff like--"Stewy's eating that" "I want a gink" "I want open the gate" And so I have to get up from blogging and do whatever she orders because I can finally understand what she's saying and I'm only too happy to pacify her, and well, she knows I understand her too. She just got her first hair cut--here she is with cute Ryleigh. I got my hair cut too and it's been rave reviews all the way around so Thanks Brynn. Hope you had fun on your trip!





The fourth thing: Addie is going through a million milestones a minute and I'm in awe daily.

1. picking up her bike and just pedaling and riding. How about that? Of course I have to take pictures and tell her I'm going to blog about it...

2. She's reading books too... real ones--like Dr. Seuss and writing long sentences and lists. The kindergarten program was a week or so ago and I watched the top of her head sing and say poems.

3. Friends and friends and more friends. We live in an older area so we haven't experienced a lot with that because it has always entailed arranging play dates or groups....Well, with a bigger kid--kids just show up to play. How about that? We're bringing in the entertainment. It's wonderful -- just keep it outside, and of course I go out to monitor those flowers/weeds at the same time.

4. She's doing hair now too, her and Paige's. And as much as I want to say--oh let me just fix that right there--I just smile and tell her how adorable it is. I'll post some pic of that when she does it again.




The fifth thing: Benjamin regressment--now that sounds really bad but the kid has peed at every one's house in the neighborhood and in every bedroom in our house and especially on the floor RIGHT IN FRONT of about 10 different toilets! I realize it's a phase and I need to be understanding but this is always the test of my day--if I can keep my cool during these events. And this equals laundry and that equals less time I'm monitoring my monitor. Other times Benjamin needs more stories and attention so he doesn't test his bladder size....his favorite one..."Mom, (or Dad) can you count to 100 with me?"



The final thing: The Boy is weaned! And with that my new exercise plans have been implemented. I've been doing some classes, and swimming but it's so early--I'm whining now--so I crash about 9:30 or 10:00 at night, an optimal, blogging hour. I'm doing a swimming blitz at the moment -- my pool just set up the long lanes and I can swim forever before coming to the end and deciding to: swallow a ton of water with freaky flip turns or, take-a-longer-pause-than-I-need-to-catch-my-breath break. It's super fun. Anyone out there want to join me?


We went to the zoo for James' second job, wink, wink. We had a great time and ran into Vanessa and the Suttons and also Dave Michelson's mom and dad. This is us at the bird show.

So, there you go, a mega post with a bunch of excuses. Thanks for not giving up on me. If I can commit to anything: it's to post at least once a week during the summer.


Oh and my thoughts on growing kids? I've reached a point during the last couple of weeks where I can no longer fit all 4 kids in the tub at a time....I know it was a push to begin with, boys, girls, babies, kids, but really--do they have to grow up? Addie now loves to to soak all by herself--lucky gal. She's living now.

13 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

FUN POST!! I love all the pictures! And I can see you in the mirror taking the haircut photo, and from what I can see, yes! your hair looks very. cute.!

did you see that Tyla won that contest? I'm really not surprised.

Melissa said...

Hey nora!
i'm in town until the 10th or 11th. I would love to come to dinner.
Totally give me a call!
Hopefully you have my number haha!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad your back, I've missed you. I LOVE the hair, a better picture would be nice..Your kids are so cute, Paige and her cute hair cut, I love it. Go Addie and the bike, she must feel so much freedom. Your happy little boy looks like Matthew, they will have a grand time scavenging together!

Unknown said...

You don't need excuses for anything. I hear you are getting up and swimming at the pool at 6 am. If you do that, you don't have to make excuses for anything else you don't get done throughout the day.

Jennifer said...

YAY! This was fun (and I wasn't even nursing while reading! ssh, don't tell -- that's normally my computer surfing justification).

I loved the "airy Allison Krauss babble." I agree, the hair looks super cute all around.

Best of luck with patience with Ben. I remember similar frustrations with Elise when I just about wanted to shout the roof off every time I found a new accident. Thank goodness for big sister Emma's compassion when she lovingly helped her instead.

That picture of Stuart channeling Cookie Monster is classic -- could you have planned a better bib?

So glad you're doing well. You live a charmed life, because you make it so.

Robyn said...

Stu is such a cutie! Paige's hair looks great. Addie is growing up so much, and Ben has been here for 3 hours and has not had an accident!

Amber said...

So fun to hear your news again! I LOVE the hair- can't wait to see it tomorrow. Your kids are so cute- I love Stu and the cookie face. And swimming? I thought, totally! Yes, I'll join you! Until I saw Marisa's comment that you're going at 6 am! Fancy a later time for some company? 10? 11?

Kim said...

You've been crazy busy!
Stuey, mobile! I can't believe it!
Paige's hair = adorable
Go Addie! So grown up.
And cute Ben, so much going on... its amazing how kids find ways to get the attention they need:-) Good luck with that.
So fun to read all your fun adventures!

Zachary and Shanna said...

Great post it is fun to see how much your family is growing. You have really cute kids.

Michelle said...

It's fun to see all the stuff you've been up to. I'm feeling the gardening pull as well. I love to weed. :) Sorry about the regression thing. Potty training is the bane of my existence. Good luck!

Nicholle said...

PD! I am excited to get caught up too! Your family is so beautiful! I've missed you!

Spencer family said...

Amen to your Events and Mental chatter. It sounds like we are living the same life. (kind of) I wish I had the flower beds. I did plant a garden and it's been great to have a reason to go outside. Loved the pictures!

Kristi said...

I love reading your posts and miss hearing you in person! Your family is growing so fast and they are so cute. Good luck with all your "reasonings!"