Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Random February Events







This is what I've been doing the last few days. Lost in Jane Eyre. It's a winter thing becuase after Christmas I was super inspired to stay on the ball but January wore me out. February has been: read while the kids tear the house apart.....
If anyone has a the Masterpiece version of it, can I borrow it? I think I'll check to see if the library will be getting it in.


Addie and Stuart--I just thought this was a sweet picture.









We love trains and so does Ian. When he comes over we try to build a big huge track with a "branch line" for every engine and tender. Every one wants to be James, he has a smart red coat of paint. Do you speak, Thomas the Train?





Addie has been making crowns for the last two days so last night they acted out King Benjamin for FHE. Of course Benjamin was King and on his tower he told Paige and Addie to remember Jesus. See the tent? I have to give all the credit to James for these drama productions. I feel like I'm always holding the boy and by Monday night I'm exhausted and just happy sitting on the couch watching these cute shows.





I hope this gets a laugh. This is James' second job. If you can guess what it is you win, and can join us for mangeled pizza next month. hint: It's not delivery.

For my focus this week I'm going to try to not be too sad that Mitt Romney is not a possibility for president any more. What happened? What went wrong? He's a good guy. Now John McCain? I'm one of the ones that doesn't like him, with no real reason.

Now my real focus is going to be Dr. Appointments. I need to get Benjamin in to see an ENT because his tonsils are as big as the sun. Here's a funny thing about Benjamin--On Sunday he woke up very sick--with a real high fever. He was even still a little sick today (Tuesday). He is such an easy going sickee. He didn't argue or threaten or run and jump on the new couch at all. He drank punch, napped, and was a sweet nice boy. Of course I felt bad that he was so sick and medicated dilligently but is it bad to admitt I enjoyed him a lot? And forgive the spelling--the spell check is not working....

9 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

you guys look so great! And I love Jane Eyre too - that new BBC version of it is GREAT!!! I love these british period productions. I think I told you about North and South - it's on my blog - you would LOVE it.

I need to call you, I have all sorts of questions for you about new baby stuff! Too personal for blogging comments and too many to type in an email!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have no idea on the pizza thing...I, too enjoy my kids a little sick and worn down as long as they're not puking(bad mom). my spell checking isn't working on my blog either!

dishes and laundry said...

Spell check is broken, all around.

Is James making pizzas for Papa John's? That sure looks YUMMY!!! I used to love it when Troy worked at Domino's. We ate tons and tons of pizza!!

Aaron was very into Thomas the Train. We had tracks and so many of the little trains - those things are expensive! Sold it all except one little train at our big "we're not adopting any more kids" garage sale.

Michelle said...

Jason used to deliver pizza for pizza hut. MMMMM... It spoiled us. Now we scoff at the no-name-brand pizza. Is he a quality checker?

Liam had a Thomas Christmas. We like the name Thomas for our next baby but, Liam would be confused.

Sharon said...

James is a secret shopper, of course! I win, I win..I'm glad I'm not the only one coping with the February blahs with reading! It's a bummer about Rommney....

Brandi said...

I was going to say James' new job was going to get take out for dinner because you were trying to finish your book. Looks like I'm wrong!:)

You are such a productive mom. I love reading your posts.

Nora Mair said...

Sharon wins. To claim your dinner you'll have to fly out from Michigan. He's pretty selective about what shops he'll do. It has to include food or fun. Or both.

Brandi--I'm not productive--well on the days that I include the BOM I can tell a difference--but I mainly plan trips to escape, you know to the store, shopping, bookclub, enrichment....

Kim said...

What a fun second job! Sign me up.
I second the comment about North and South; it's one of my favorites!

Sharon said...

Yea! I love winning things! We'll stop by in July for dinner! Thanks!