Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sleeping? Anyone?








Last weekend was filled with fun. Food included. Sharon and Company were in town and I let loose and ate at will. Guess what Stuart slept through the night. Saturday (I gorged on Michelle's Peanut Butter Fingers) Sunday (Meat Balls and homemade ice cream) Monday (chocolate chip, toffee, nut, condensed milk bars....you know the ones that you just can't leave alone....) By Tuesday I was committed again to nutritious low cal options. And guess what? the boy could not be satisfied. Does what I eat really have a connection to the type of milk I produce? (This is why James won't tell anyone about our blog--because it's all about nursing and stuff) I've always been a "jersey" when it came to milk--and really, the supply is still secure but the value of it, in Stuart's very vocal opinion, maybe not as filling? What are my options? Eat at will for the next six months? Move Stu on to some cereal of sorts to make up for non filling milk? I'm still debating so this week I made spritzer cookies with Addie and ate Robyn' s BTS cake two nights in a row. Delish.... and Stuart is back to sleeping 10 - 7. Maybe I've already made up my mind.





I read a great book this week. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I always say no book is worth a night's sleep but I broke my rule by finishing it Wednesday morning .... what a memoir.



Last night in FHE James had the kids act out Nephi being tied up on the boat. The bb hoop was a the mast, Addie was Nephi's wife and Paige and Stuart were Laman and Lemuel. I was the wind of the storm.



This post has been brought to you by six loads of unfold clean laundry. It's folded now--do you believe me? And another commitment to laundry has been made: to stick to it so that folding over'load' will not happen again.


Oh and my scrappy quilt. I just stuck it up with sticky tack--it's not quilted yet. But it's put together. Now I need to figure out a boarder? What do you think? Does it need one? Maybe I don't like it anymore. Ever worked on a project for 2+ years and in the end it's not exactly the look--because of time. PS Addie made me snowflakes for under the twiggy circles. Just until I find something. So sweet.

10 comments:

Spencer family said...

What a fun family home evening! I'm sorry to say that my laundry is still needing to be folded. I should use my blogging as a reward, but you know, maybe tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I love the quilt, I say keep it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has mounds of laundry to fold. If I could just stick to my one load of laundry per day rule, then it wouldn't happen.

Megan Marie said...

The kids are so cute!! I miss them!

dishes and laundry said...

Keep eating - sleep is vital!

So fun to see you at class this morning!

Michelle said...

We call our pile laundry mountain. It's always there, immovable except by the power and intercession of God.

I like the quilt! A lot! You've been looking at it too long. It's great!

Carly G. said...

NORA!! I'm so glad you found me! I love your blog and your kids are so ADORABLE!!! I can't believe how old they are, it seems like yesterday that we were the young grandkids, ha ha!
BTW, I love your quilt that you posted pictures of. Keep it up!
Carly

Sharon said...

Thanks for hosting us, we had a great time! I love the FHE lesson, a lot more exciting than our FHE's! Good luck with the quilt, I think it will look perfect once it's done!

Kim said...

If you've found a way to get some sleep, I'd say go for it! I'm glad I'm not the only who accumulates laundry.
My vote is for the quilt. The snowflakes are great too. Addie is such a cutie!

Whitney said...

Nora, It was so good to see you at the cousin party, I feel like we've bonded with the blogs! Stuart is even cuter in real life. I say baby sleeping and real delciious food is a win-win situation!

Robyn said...

I see you so often I forget to post a comment! I think the quilt looks great. As for the laundry I'm just impressed every load made it to the dryer-I always leave at least one in the washer to grow mildew for a few days. And anytime you need cake come on over.