Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getting the kids in bed so I can snack...

...and update the blog. So last week I posted a regret about the duvet cover and shams. Check the auction--It sold! I think it was the shams that took the price way high, they are a HTF item (hard to find). She just paid too! This regret might have redemption! Hallelujah. What should I do with the profit? Around 40$? Maybe Easter dresses for the girls or a rod to hang the quilt? Whom I kidding--I'll be buying the dresses anyway-- A cool rod for sure.


Last night James and Addie went to a Daddy Daughter Dance at the high school. It was a Drill Team fund raiser. They had a lot of fun and showed me dance moves when they got home. They also had me take their picture because pictures were extra.



We went to Discovery Gateway on Saturday as a whole family. I'd call it Discover a rip-off if I hadn't heard about the "community exploration card" It's an experience you can "check out" from the Salt Lake City Library, and you can get in FREE--up to four people. So James paid $8.50 for Paige and we had a ball.





On Wednesday night I made 144 Chicken Enchiladas! My make ahead meals group traded on Friday and I have 10 meals to last until next month. Here's the recipe for 36 enchiladas or three pans of 12 each--make one, freeze two.....

In one bowl mix:
6 cups cube cooked chicken (about 3 lbs.)
2 cans rinsed black beans
2 cans tomatoes with green chilies (drained but keep the juice)

In a second bowl mix:
Juice from the chili tomatoes
3 16 oz containers of sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
6 cups cheese (I like the fiesta blend)

*Lay out 36 8in. tortillas and portion out 1/4 cup of chicken black bean mixture on each one.


*Then top with a liberal tablespoon of cheesy cream mixture on each using only half and saving the other half for the top.

*Roll and line in a 9x13 pan or in a gallon freezer ziploc.

*Spread the remaining cheesy cream among the three pans or divide it into sandwich or quart size ziplocs to freeze flat.

*Top with two more cups of cheese each.

*Bake 350 for around 30 minutes. Just until bubbly.



Marisa and her family came up to the cabin for President's Day and we had a ball. I'm plugging the game Cranium Turbo because it was fun and sort of a tradition (James dis'd it the whole time but he was laughing and having fun like the rest of us). In this photo Kim, Marisa and I snow shoed up the mountain and took sleds to slide back down on. It didn't quite work because the snow was pretty thick and fresh. But we so enjoyed the serenity and calm the scenery and conversation afforded us. We had a blast pushing each other all the way down to the sledding hill.




We had a glorious President's Day at the cabin! I was so SICK but I stayed medicated the whole weekend and even dipped into Bevan's coke for a pick me up. Michael accused me of being a "social drinker" and how right he was. We were all a mess-- Addie had Roseola--a high fever and a funky rash and Paige had odd face spots that lasted for a couple of days. We took it all to the cabin and infected Kim and Ali so far. Leave a comment if you too got a Pres. Day souvenir from us. So sorry. This picture is Addie and James both with a leg caught in deep snow. Addie thought it was so funny she begged "take a picture mom".

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Great post Nora! I love the picture of James and Addie! Such a cute girl, I love the hair cut! That's a crazy amount of Chicken Enchilladas (spell?) It's great to know that after I give birth to my 20th child I will have a meal to prepare for jk! Take Care!

Kim said...

I love it! Glad that the 'regret' is gone. We had a great Pres. Day Weekend, and we still think that what we got could have very well come from Tom. Ali has been fevering all weekend (she was 105 on Sunday!), so I finally took her into the doctor today. We're trying some meds and hope she makes a turn around soon. It looks like you had a fun Saturday! "Fun, but not forty-two dollars fun":) You made me feel a little better about missing out.
Your dinner group looks so fun! Sign me up... someday. We're excited for next Monday... talk to you soon.

Robyn said...

What cute pics of Addie and Daddy! The cabin look glorious-sorry everyone was sick!

Spencer family said...

I'm so glad about your bedding. I can't wait to see what you replace it with! Even though you were sick it looked like you have been having a lot of fun!!