Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Regret..

Two weeks ago I bought a new spread for my bed off of ebay. It was right at the height of the decorating surge and I was sure it would work. I didn't even blog it because it just wasn't right and I was embarrassed by my $137.50 mistake. I just relisted it along with a narrative that could make or break the auction. Check it out if you have time. Will it sell? Any suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160209464877&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Any one else have a $137.50 mistake that loomed over them before redemption was possible. Amber I loved your post about the accident.

10 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

I'd buy it if I needed a new duvet cover. It's so pretty - and really that's a great deal for the duvet and shams. Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Live and learn.

Sharon said...

I liked your e-bay listing, very honest. I really hope it sells, you must have been so sad when you put it on your bed. It's hard when the picture in your head doesn't match up with real life. I'm sure you'll find another great one out there. I once tossed away Seth's $80 voucher to take his graduate school test, bummer..

Michelle said...

Last year we bought the most expensive 80,000 mile, warrantied tires for our van. We've already had to replace them....$700 later.

Missy said...

Oh Nora, you are started to make impulsive purchases like I do.

Amber said...

I loved the e-bay listing. I wanted to bid,and I'm not even a flower person!

We bought a used car with the 100,000 mile extended warranty. A few months later when there was a problem with the car, the warranty was no where to be found. I probably threw it away in a fit of cleaning without realizing it. . .Whoops!

Unknown said...

We bought a beater truck for David on craig's list for $1100. That same week the engine threw a rod and we had to sell it for $500.

Spencer family said...

I think that it is beautiful. I'll have to find out more info at book club!

Unknown said...

I bought a candelabra type centerpiece for my table while shopping with a friend and I regret it because it is WAY too big for my table. I can't use it and it bugs me because I don't know what to do with it. It was a pretty cheap purchase but there is still regret. I hope you can sell your duvet. Have you tried Craig's list too? You might have better luck. KSL.com also has free classifieds.

Sharon said...

I just checked your posting and you actually made money! Way to go, you always come out on top! Way to make some extra cash! Go on a date with James or maybe a new bedspread!