Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

ZOO








We went yesterday for Wild Wednesday and it was totally free. We arrived a little after it had opened, about 9:15. There were about 20 cars in the parking lot and it was like we were Daddy Warbucks and we had bought out the zoo. The Giraffes were really fun--there is the cutest little baby giraffe--but Ben moaned the whole time in the giraffe house, because of the smell. I had rallied my friend Jolynn for some cooperative parenting--and I couldn't have taken all four with out her help--so thanks Jolynn. We had a great time. Can you believe the shot I got of Ben? He was looking at the swinging monkey. I just wish I would have crouched down! It was pretty warm too. Ben left his coat in the car but remembered mittens. That's really all he needed.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Great photography skills! The only thing funner than a day at the zoo is a free day at the zoo!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame him about the smell! I have to look at the giraffes from outside only :-) Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Amber said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Ben and the cheetah (leopard?!!!). It was a great day at the zoo- so warm for Feb, and not as crowded as I thought it would be on a free day!

Missy said...

We went yesterday too! We must have just passed each other. We went after Carson got done with school at 11:00 a.m. Perfect weather.

Kim said...

FUN!!! The kids look like they had a blast. So this is the time of year to go to the zoo... It seems like every time we go the temp. is always at least 100!

Robyn said...

How fun! You got some great pictures. Ben's a smart one to remember the mittens, my hands are always cold.

Unknown said...

How fun! I cant wait to take Abi to the Zoo. Her favorit animal sound is "The Tiger"