Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

At last.....

The couch is here. Yesterday my dad and James drove to Bassett to get it and the sales lady had no idea where it was and why it hadn't been "pulled". Of course no manager could be located. They came home empty handed and I was mad. I called the store demanding to talk to whoever was in charge, they had to make this right...the manager was at lunch. I went to a fun baby shower expecting to give the manager the "what for" when he called. He never did and I came home to this...I love it. I've napped and nursed on it. It passes all the tests and I'm sure it will last at least 12 years. That's how long I need it to justify the cost.....




And Stuart testing out the couch as well.
















I'm also posting a picture of the secretary. You can see the gigantic screen gleaming through the cracks. I have to do something about all the cords now that I see it in the picture but I love it. I'm out of the laundry room! I'm now looking for an ottoman/coffee table--you know the big square ones that folks can sit on if more seating is needed but not leather--fabric and I haven't seen too much of that. Also some chairs for over under the windows. Working slowly till it's just right... right?






My focus for this week is my bedroom. I (really James, Donna and Bevan) painted it before the boy and I still haven't hung anything up. In Idaho Vanessa helped me with a scrappy wall hanging that I started two years ago and I just need to pull it together. I have Tai Pan mirrors that are show stoppers and prints of the girls that Marisa took almost a year ago ready to go that just need someone to pick them up and put them on the wall. A cool twiggy wreath that's been sitting in the master tub for at least 3 months. How embarrassing is all of this. I don't have to go and buy anything, just address what I already have. So that's the goal. I should do photos. I don't know if I will. I don't think it will be half as stunning as the recent furniture addition.




Along with that I'm pulling together a make a head meals group. Ten gals making one thing ten times and we're all meeting Friday, here at my house to swap. I'll probably do a crock pot fare; maybe a roast with potatoes and carrots. It's our first meeting--I'll for sure blog it.


Here are some cute pictures from Christmas.











Does anyone want this well loved computer desk. Free just come and get it.












I taught the 12 year old Sunday school class for the second time today and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Cute kids from great families that know the gospel--I just feel so vulnerable yabbering on about agency... the topic for today. We played Simon says...which really was Satan's plan in the premortal life.....That's as deep as we got and we had a lot of fun.

From our fun trip to Idaho. How cute are these kids? They're ready to eat a snack and the last one is Sharon doing story time to calm the air. What a fun time we had. Thanks again Vanessa! And I was thinking about it. Here you are 4 weeks away from delivery. We didn't come to help or anything, we just ate all your food and wrecked your house. The fridge was spotless, the storage room completely organized, bathrooms shiny.... I'm sure it wasn't effortless but you made it look like it was. Amazing.





11 comments:

Brandi said...

Nora, I just love your couch! It looks awesome. What great taste you have!

Nora Mair said...

Thanks Brandi--you made my morning.

dishes and laundry said...

The couch is perfect and I really really like the secretary. I didn't know it was called that. Stuart is getting so big! Awesome smile for the camera.

Sounds like your bedroom is really coming together. Good luck!

Jennifer said...

Stuart looks adorable! And happy -- that must be a bonus. Hope you're doing well. Wish Vanessa good luck from me with her baby.

Unknown said...

I love watching the decorating progression. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

The couch looks great. Some big, soft pillows would be great with it. Maybe maroon to match your window coverings?
Don't you love decorating--especially when you already have the stuff? I'm trying a new project out for a wall hanging in our bedroom. If it turns out, I'll post pictures.
Oh, and I'm learning Chinese because I love it. Richard served his mission in Taiwan and we were able to go and visit in October of 2006. I LOVED it!!! THe Lord has helped me to develop such a love for the culture, language, and people. I imagine we'll be living over in China or Taiwan or somewhere Chinese speaking at some point in our life. We want Abigail to be bilingual too so I'm trying to learn more and more. It actually isn't as hard as it seems. Reading and writing the characters is but speaking isn't bad at all. I think it might even be a little easier than Spanish--they don't conjugate verbs at all, which is wonderful.

Sharon said...

I love the Couch! I can't wait to come and test it out! Your house is like a transformer, it's gone from pink grandma to comfy modern, I love it! The trip to Pocatello what very memorable! There is nothing like being around women who think just like you!

Kim said...

So fun to see the couch "at last". It is so fun when you get something you know you love!
The picture of all the kids in the Christmas PJs is adorable.
We can't wait for your next visit. See you soon!

Heather C. said...

Nora, is this trait that we Allen girls all have, that we must, must get everything done, and done well, no matter how tiny our youngest baby is, or what else is going on, genetic?? I am sure that Eliza will start in soon--she will not feel comfortable unless everything in her home is just so and this while making dinner and dessert from scratch! I guess it't not a bad thing...
Your couch is beautiful and I love the pic of Stuart as a little spot on it!
I enjoy reading your blog!

Heather, your Idaho cousin

Unknown said...

Love it! Love it! I think I need a new leather couch now too. I haven't had mine for 12 years yet though. Only about 5. Looks like I will be living with it for a few more years.

Angi said...

Aren't your kids adorable.

Nora I LOVE the Secretary. The couch is great too.

I love the 12 year old Sunday school class. I have been teaching it for about 13 months. Good luck.