Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's just my weekly focus coming to fruition!




So I didn't get any pictures up or the wall quilt completely sewn but we got the mirrors up! Ta-Da! I feel like I've overcome decorators block. I need to buy another pillow too--Paige's pillow was left in Idaho so she got the sham pillow off my bed. Any suggestions for under the twiggy circles? Maybe a metal MAIR or a photo...
















Benjamin's blankie went under the knife this week. The first picture is the gigantic rip with batting falling out. The second is the zigzag sewn edge. All fixed! He sleeps with it wrapped around his feet.


Here I am assembling all my roasts for my "casserole club". It worked out so well. 10 gals made 10 meals each--we all met and traded away. We've eaten three cheese cannelloni, and chicken fajitas so I'm down to eight meals. I have spots to fill of people who can't trade next month--so if anyone is interested in making and trading meals on the third Friday of the month call me for details.
Stuart fell off the changing table. He was belted in but scooched off the end, head first; the diaper champ kind of broke his fall. It is a miracle that I can keep kids alive. He also slept through the night last night. 7:30 - 7:30. Now if I had just gone to bed right after he had...
On Saturday at our Stake Women's Conference I listened to a sister from Africa who had received a hygiene kit right after her village had been raided and burned. She showed the towel, the toothbrush and comb--and the zip lock that it came in. It was very cool. She said, " you have the gospel, you have so much, don't take it for granted." That's been my mantra for the last two days. I don't want to jinx myself but I'm 7 for 7 last week in reading the Book of Mormon. It makes the day go well and I'll have to continue so I can keep getting things done.
In Sunday school the lesson was on the fall of Adam and Eve. For our treat I had them bite into the rind of an orange. We talked about the bitter and knowing that it was bitter was because of the fall. We then ate a truffle to "know" the sweet. I read them 2 Nephi 2: 25 Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might eat french truffles from Costco. (Emphasis added). he he he.
My focus for this week is a continuation of the bedroom. Finish the wall scrappy wall hanging and get the pictures up of the girls--and another trip to IKEA to look at small bathroom spaces. Addie is off track for the next three weeks. I hear the cabin calling...anyone up for a trip to sled and drink hot chocolate?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that sister's article when it was in the New Era and cried and cried! How great that you got to listen to her!

dishes and laundry said...

Bedroom looks great!

I've been focusing on my kitchen - rearranging some cabinets and cleaning out drawers and food cupboards. I keep calling the family to come and see where things are now. I'm trying to make things easier to get to, throwing out things that I don't need or love and just generaling cleaning.

Your meal exchange sounds awesome - you certainly didn't choose an inexpensive meal though - Wow!

Glad Stuart is okay. Those wiggly babies!!!

Unknown said...

I love the bedroom. You could always do a vinyl lettering thing underneath. I think that would be pretty. Go talk to Kent at the UPS store, they do them now for super cheap.

I'm always up for sledding at the cabin!

Kim said...

I love the picture of the bedroom! I might be tempted to pull it up when the kids get a little crazy and repeat "sanctuary".

I'm so inspired by the freezer meals. You're roasts look fabulous!

We hope to see you soon (even if it is the sledding that's the big draw.)

Holli said...

I love the couch and your chic demais bedroom! :) My suggestion for under the twiggy wreath is vinyl lettering...
I'm so glad the truffles have come in handy! :)

Robyn said...

Your bedroom looks great! Pulling something out of the freezer every day is so much fun. My goal is to not cook for at least 2 weeks. Kiss Stu's head for me. Miles fell down the stairs twice before I put up the gate-how stupid is that-why didn't I put it up after the first fall!

Amber said...

That was a lot of info! The bedroom looks AWESOME and I love the mirrors. I had the same idea as Marisa- a saying or your last name in vinyl lettering.

I've heard Miriama (sp?) speak, too, and it was the most inspirational talk I've ever heard. We are so blessed in our war-free country with all of our modern appliances and comforts. She made me grateful for a full tube of toothpaste!

Spencer family said...

You're the best! Just by reading you blog I have like 5 ideas for my new calling. I went to listen to the same lady in my ward. That would be a great way to get people excited about putting kits together. Also the meal group! Thats a great group to be in. I better go and write all my ideas down before I forget! THANKS!!!

Missy said...

I love those mirrors! Makes me want to go to Tai Pan.