Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007






My brother, Tom took these shots right before the boy was born. I am so impressed. I'm having a hard time finding frames I like (and can afford 4 of) for above the stairwell--I think I might try and make something. Anyone ever made big frames before?
Stuart is so fussy after he eats. It's really a crap shoot what's wrong with a fussy new born. It could be anything.. or nothing. I think the honeymoon is over. My house was clean once...my laundry caught up on... and Stuart used to sleep a lot. Now reality is setting in. So I've diagnosed him with overactive letdown reflux http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/breastfeeding/a/colic_2.htm I'm now just feeding a long time on one side but he seems real fussy still. It's a wash with these new ones.
Paige is getting molars and James joined me last night a couple of times to console her. Such a good guy. There's no way I could get up for anyone but Stuart right now. I'm surviving. Maybe tonight will be better.

7 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Oh, so cute! I love all these pix!

Good luck with Baby Stuart. Aaron was a very fussy baby - those were some hard months! I'll be thinking about you.

Robyn said...

What cute kids! They would look good on canvas-but that might cost a small fortune. You look so glamorous in the pics Marissa took!

Brandi said...

Hang in there, Nora! You are the best mom that I've ever met.

Angi said...

Nora go to interior impressions
next to big lots, they have some nice frames. No too expensive.

You have darling darlings. It is neat to have pictures of them at each stage in their young lives.

Does your brother have photoshop? Is that how he did the edges of the pictures? Just curious. He did a wonderful job.

Nora Mair said...

why do I complain? He is only three weeks old. What do I expect? Thanks for your comments ladies. Canvas would look really good. Brandi you're so sweet. Yes my brother uses photoshop and he searches for boaders on the internet too--in photoshop forums I think.

Jennifer said...

I think I'm dealing with the same thing with Samuel -- I feel your pain! He's a super spitter-upper, then seems to want to nurse right away again. And this is not too fun at 3, then 4, then 5, then 6 in the morning. Sigh. I'm not sure how to deal with the overactive letdown component of the reflux, but we've eased some of the fussiness by making sure he's inclined when sleeping. We've had one successful night this way, and I hope for more. Good luck to you!

I love the photos! My sister-in-law has made her own frames out of rustic wood or whatever she could find. She didn't bother with mitered edges; she simply butted the edges and stapled them together on the back (the staple piercing each piece). It used tons of staples, but they worked!

Spencer family said...

What awesome pictures. I'm a picture freak, and I love those pictures. I want to get some fall pictures of the kids. I hope they work out!