Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Home and Doing Well!

This was the sign I put out last Sunday to let the world know we were open for business. After it went up: A whole plate of cc cookies and banana cake with carmel frosting stopped in (along with some very thoughtful neighbors). It was Sunday afternoon but still, they must have known a nursing mother needs sustenance!



A word on the nursing. Even though it's my fourth baby to nurse, there are still some things that need to be invented. Like an epidural for engorged nursehers. DNA restructuring that would clue in the nurshers how much milk to make for a two day old baby. Not 8 ounces! Finally a bra that simulates zero gravity. A side note on the terminology of nurseher. It came from Benjamin--when I nursed Paige. I would say, "I need to nurse her." Ben then commented one day on my nursehers. I must be grateful that I have lots of milk. I would be stressed if I didn't as well.

Addie and Daddy came to pick us up from the hospital. Addie held Stuart while I got dressed and James loaded up the car.
Now is this a proud brother or what? Benjamin suggested when he was crying that he needed to get on the floor and crawl around to feel better. So innocent.
Now I was very concerned about Paige before we had Stuart just because she is so much of a baby herself but my worries were in vain. Paige has come into herself and is laughing and smiling and growing in leaps and bounds. Maybe she just needed the nudge of a younger sibling to help her join the older kids in playing, and eating and helping with the baby. Here she is just laughing and going down the slide. Her temperament has turned sweet and helpful and obedient. (If she knows what I'm asking)
And here is the star of the show these days. He has been so yellow I've been giving him little sun treatments on the floor of his room in the mornings. Along with trying to feed him every three hours. I tried to get a picture of him looking intelligent--but even in this one he's concerned about something. Maybe he's worried the milk will run out (not a chance little buddy).

As for me...I feel GREAT! I'm comparing my postpartum to Paige and how long it took me to feel good again (about 6 months). I regret none of the major nesting I did before. It's so nice to walk into rooms and look under beds and see NOTHING! (thank you new carpet) To open bedroom closets and see empty space for future needs. To have a freezer full of future meals. And maybe because I was so active right up until the end, that has made all the difference in recovery. It was a miracle I have to acknowledge that. My doctor and nurse were surprised my previous condition didn't return. Thank you to everyone that has supported our little family along. We're doing great!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the pictures! Your kids are all so cute. I loved the bit on nursing, it's so hard in the beginning. I also love your carpet, I only saw a bit from one picture but it looked good. I hope some day when I have four kids my freezer will be stalked with dinners and my under-beds and closets will be clean. Until then I'll only hope:) Your amazing!

Robyn said...

I'm so glad you are doing well. The kids are so cute and Stuart looks so smart and content (no colicky cries we hope). It sure makes Ben, Addie, and Paige look grown up. Let me know when your freezer empties out. What a cute family!

dishes and laundry said...

Darling pictures! I particularly like the one of Paige with Stuart. I predict they will be best friends.

If you ever do find a bra that has the zero gravity function, please tell us. Even non-nursehers (cute!) could use a little of that!

So glad you found a moment to update. Cute family!

Angi said...

Nora, those are some cute kidlets. And you are so organized. I want to be you when I grow up. Tell James Brent and I say hi. We are cheering you on all the way.

Unknown said...

Nurshers....love it! I kept thinking to myself, why does she keep misspelling that word? She needs a spell checker. Hahaha