Pages

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Day of rest and today I'm coming home

Here are Addie and Ben riding the hospital bed with me. They each had a side button to push making it go up and down. The highlight of the evening.


The kids were so cute when they came to see him. Benjamin has one voice volume but started talking high and soft when he held him.

"oh, he's sleepy"

Addie is going to be a great older sister. She's going to help Paige not to poke Stuart's eyes like she does with Bitty Baby. Paige just seems so gigantic compared to baby Stu and she's just 14 months.

Yesterday was a great day of rest. Stuart hung out with me all day and we napped and ate and napped and ate. We're figuring out nursing and I was sore from some bad attempts but then last night he/we just got it. My milk is in and he's loving that but I'm sure it'll only be day or two before I'm a volcano of lactation and I'll be trying to attach this little guy to a breast the size of a cantaloupe.

I'm going home today and I'm excited. I've had some wonderful nurses and some good midnight breaks of oreos and milk, but I'm ready! Thanks for all your comments and for following the blog. It's been really fun to let the world know of these events. We are so lucky to know so many great folk who are so willing to help. Hopefully I can post some photos of the boy with his eyes open. If you're around drop by so you can hold the most beautiful newborn at the moment. I'm a little partial right now though.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids hit the nurses button about 30 times each time they visit. Needless to say, the nurses are ecstatic to see my kids go home.

Zachary and Shanna said...

Hey I just found your blog. Congrats on your new addition he looks really cute. Your family looks like is is growing a ton. I am glad you are doing well.

dishes and laundry said...

Hope you all made it home safely and are getting settled in. Nothing like a new baby in the house.

I almost spit my drink at the computer over "volcano of lactation"! Oh my!!! Hilarious.

Angi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! we are so happy for you and your new baby. My neighbor across the street had her baby on the 6th also. She had a girl. Maybe they knew each other in heaven. Anyway you look great !! Take care, tell James we said "HI".

Brandi said...

Yeah! I bet it's so nice to be home. We need a post on how it is to have FOUR kids!! Are you adjusting well? Some say after 3, what's another? I can't wait to see the little guy in person. Hope you're doing well. I'm thinking about you!

Unknown said...

I want new pictures of the babe!!!