Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Counting Down


I cleaned all day on Monday so sure that I would have the baby that night. It didn't do anything but make me sick of cleaning and I've tapered my itinerary. I'll be induced Thursday morning if I haven't gone on my own yet. Here's hoping for one more day.
I went to the dentist this morning and the dentist asked when I was due. I told him Saturday and he said, "well let's get you out of here fast, I don't have any stirrups on these chairs...." He filed down a very unnoticeable snaggle tooth and now I feel like a rock star with my even, shiny teeth. The hygienists both were a bag of rocks. They had nothing but oh no's for this next baby. Their comments: "I don't know how you'll nurse, you'll get him latched on and Paige will get into something... good luck you'll have your hands full... You're going to feel so cooped up... and the winter's coming... you won't be going out side.... " Well thanks for filling my bucket gals but I'll be alright.
Now how will Paige adjust? This really is my one worry. She seems so sensitive but decisive at the same time I fear her world will just combust, (it will) but she's so young anyway maybe she won't notice. Any advice?
Almost everything is ready. I'm making 4 lasagnas as I write this. I've never cooked so much before a baby but I'm banking on this being my saving grace for the next month. These are the meals in the freezer already. 3 sloppy joes, 3 hamburgers, 4 pizza sauces, 1 crock pot chicken, 2 beef stroganoffs, 1 spaghetti, 2 tacos and finally 4 lasagnas. I might try chicken enchiladas tomorrow if I can get to the store tonight for chicken.

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

Nora, you are a superwoman!!!! Your meals sound so yummy. With Fall quickly approaching, big pots of soup would be another good meal to have ready to go - I'm thinking Bear Creek.

I love the comment the dentist made - I could add it to my post about odd medical comments.

And boo to the hygenists. Nothing better than being snowed in, with bright sunlight streaming in, children playing, no need to rush around - cause you can't go anywhere. You'll do fine.

Good luck to you!
Love, Wendy