Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Addie's first (and second) day of Kindergarten



It was such an exciting day. Addie has been talking about a kindergarten hair cut for a long time. I like her hair long but it really needed all the uneven stuff cut off so I cut it (an hour before school). She said she liked the sharp ends and we flip it with the curling iron. Benjamin and Paige got in on the action as well.


On the way to the playground to wait to go in Addie realized she had to go to the bathroom really bad.

Can you just wait five minutes? I asked but she couldn't so we slipped into the class early and she used the cutest little potty I've ever seen. I should have taken a picture of it. It had a scalloped toilet seat. After the episode she had one second to get in line before they all went in. It was over in a flash. I was so excited for her I had no time to cry. She was so excited. She lined up with Olivia Marler (her friend from preschool) It really is a mile stone.

I took the camera the second day too to make up for the first day being so quick. She is so grown up!

We got carpet yesterday. Talk about mile stones. I forgot what work it is. The moving part anyway. I kinda figured once the paint is in the real work is done. Wrong. There was so much junk under beds and on closet floors--yuck. Well it's all cleaned up now. My blessed visiting teachers came and vacuumed the whole house to get all the bits of the new carpet. I served them crystal light with lots of ice.

I've been having two days of afternoon cramping. Something is happening but then it all stops around the time I do dinner. shucks. I saw the Dr. yesterday and I'm still just between a 1 and 2 dilated but I'm now %60 effaced (is that even spelled right). I'm making progress and sleeping again. YEA

Tomorrow IKEA. Robyn has this idea to walk the baby out of me. I have so much I still want to do but I didn't do much today. I think I'm giving up--which I'll regret but I can't force physical movement when my body won't comply can I? It's lame stuff anyway. Wash all windows--organize kid's clothes--clean the shower walls. Stuff that'll be there if the baby comes or not. I really should use the deadline (and my timer) and do it. I wrote up a new daily itinerary for the next 6 days today and we'll see.

I have had the best luck on KSL classifieds. I got a new crib, mattress, and dresser off of it for around $120. All from different sellers but I'm extremely happy about the good deals and as soon as we pick up the dresser I'll take pictures of the room. I can finally pull out the baby clothes too. YEA. He's really coming.

3 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Well she just looks so excited and ready! I can't believe how she's grown.

Soooo....did you cry? Did she cry?

Sharon said...

The day Addie was born was one of the happiest of my life! I can't believe she is off to school looking so beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!

Missy said...

She is so ready for school! Carson started last Monday and by friday he told me that he didn't need me to walk him to school anymore...that's when I lost it!