Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Moved!

      This week was one where I checked off activities so that move day would come.IMG_1773

Sunday: Vanessa and Jen came with kids to eat pasta and nobakes and sleep over!  They skied Monday, the very best day of the year…next year girls, my boots and gaiter will be donned again!

Monday:  We walked through the house and left a trail of blue tape for drywall, paint touch ups and a few other details (a non dented dishwasher). 

I had a moment sitting on the stairs after everyone else had left.  It was a next phase feeling, really…we’ll be here when the kids and our family will gain, loose, see, land, experience, grow, decided, tread, step, move, feel, feel, and feel.  The nouns that come after these verbs are as many as the stars.  I’m not communicating this sentiment right, so just know there was a “moment”.    

Tuesday:  Closing.  James signed “James D” more than 50 times while Isaac and I sat with the bowl of candy, refreshing drinks, adding lighthearted commentary and inquiry where needed.  I’m on the deed.  We then split a Five Guys burger and Canjan style fries.  The lender is the one smiling… IMG_1770

Wednesday:  Lunch with the best of friends in West Jordan… Thanks for hosting Mylinda!  Also The Blue and Gold Banquet!   photo booth

benwithwigstuasabug Thursday:  Packing and cleaning.  Donna came and we made quick work of the kitchen and the fridge!  Love that girl and her babies.  Although I should have been a little more disciplined later in the day because the floor did not get done.  So sorry cabin, I will miss the views, and relaxed state I always found myself in while living there.  Also the ladybug colony in the south facing master window.  

Friday:  Valentine’s Day/Move Day  Paige, had a special pal party for me at school.  She’s had an amazing teacher for 2 1/2 months.IMG_1780We loaded up and drove to the new house to sleep on the floor and realize we had no toilet paper.   And a huge thank you to my parents for bringing all our boxes down that morning. 

Saturday:  The truck was loaded and unloaded twice by family and friends and new neighbors too!  Lots of hauling and  reviewing of what I kept; and I thought I had purged so much, well it’s all here now.  Thank you and sorry for all the hernias and slipped discs.    IMG_1809IMG_1817IMG_1810IMG_1781

Sunday:  An attorney taught gospel doctrine with legal size paper word strips!  He asked at the end, what’s your take away from this lesson (Abram and patriarchal blessings and the charge to share the word)?  I like questions like that. 

We’re going to like it here.    

No comments: