Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

It’s like a bomb’s gone off…stuff everywhere…

We don't know whether to stare out the window (like we’ve never seen mountains, lakes or trains) or plow through boxes.  We both have felt the “are we really living here?—I can’t believe we live here!—Is this our life?” thoughts.  

So far so good.  Tuesday I registered the kids for school and then took them all to IKEA and the junk store.  Wednesday was the first day of school but I took no pictures, it was their 3rd, first day this year, after all.  By Friday Adelaide was groaning that I was walking them (and pj boys in the jogger) to school, “Oh, so embarrassing.”  Now I call that a successful school transition!   

So far the biggest hit with the kids has been the park across the street, where there are hills to scooter on, and friends to find.  Except when it snows..but it didn’t stick around for long.    IMG_1843

Our routine is abysmal, and the upstairs has turned into a daycare, with toys spread out everywhere.  When do we clean those up? Huge shoulder shrugs…But honestly a daycare, they are so happy to have their own space, they have pretty much just left us (me and James) alone to enjoy (stare at boxes and the mountains) the downstairs.

IMG_1834Lest you think it’s all work and no exhaustion let me tell you about the doctor appointment I slept through, on Friday morning, on purpose.  His office called to reschedule; the doctor was heading out of town next week…So one Vanilla Coke Zero later and I found myself in the shower and then asleep again on his little exam table.  We joked how nice it would be to be able to allocate a stimulant for a certain area of your body, or for a certain particular activity.  I set a pr in gaining as well, 7 lbs in 2 weeks… lots of drive throughs and nutella knives to put up those kind of numbers.  Oh and the bruiser that I’m growing…  Names floating around this week are Cameron or McKay…thoughts? 

James had another cortisone shot into his neck on Thursday.  It felt really good for a few days, but boxes and reality started Saturday night and now life sucking nerve pain is back.  Maybe you’ve lost your will to live with chronic pain?  If you have, I’m so sorry, he’s sorry, we’re all just sorry—but he’s a young buck—it can’t last forever…

We had our first sit down meal on Saturday night!  Real plates, water glasses, silverware and food on the table.  Nothing says we’re in this for the long haul like homemade macaroni and cheese and roasted cauliflower. IMG_1849 IMG_1854

And we’re now Costco members…a living social deal I caved at when I saw I had paypal money…I know, what took so long right?  We went for date night on Saturday night and with my price per ounce brain, all I came away with was toilet paper, and I think what sold me on that, was how much is on a roll.  425 SHEETS!  Costco’s joy is in the convenience and the awesome….to be continued for sure.   

Sushi stopped by and brought famous éclairs from the local Dicks Market bakery, for which I’m not totally versed in.  They were delish and reminded me of all the receptions I went to as a kid and Sue of throwing a truly elegant party.  When the kids got home they asked if they could eat a declare.  They’re not well versed either. 

Grant from the KSL morning radio show, Grant and Amanda, is in our bishopric, nice guy, with great conducting skills : )

I went to a shower for my cousin Carly who is having her first boy.  I saw and laughed with all my aunties, and cousins, who are such gems!  I come from an amazing family…    IMG_1848One of the talks in church on Sunday suggested living the gospel like an Olympic athlete trains for an event.  8+ hrs a day, 6 days a week, for years…  I’ve been thinking about what kinds of experiences I could expect if my efforts were “Olympic”? 

Everyone is so excited to have kids move into the neighborhood/ward, “the primary is getting so small!”  We’re not telling them it’s bigger than the last three primaries we’ve been in, and another blue and gold banquet this week!  Super BONUS!              

PS.  These last three weeks have been amazing on Project(s)Connect.  Friends are doing stuff and sharing!  If you need something good to read first thing of the day, like me (or dr. office reading/bedtime reading)  pop in and read a few entries.  The comments are great as well!   

3 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

YES!!! but ohhhhhh the boxes. Such a chore! We've been in our house 6 months and I still have some lingering unpacking/organizing projects. It's truly delightful. (Read with sarcasm)

I like Cameron! I forgot you were pregnant again - you amaze me! good luck these next few weeks (months)!! xoxox

Jennifer said...

You crack me up! I'm surprised someone didn't name-drop your famous bishopric. (And if you get my vague reference you're as naughty as I am!) My wedding cake was from Dick's.

Becky said...

I vote for McKay! Glad to see your priorities are still in order (a trip to the junk store). Sorry about James and the chronic pain. Been there done that and it's horrible. Good job on the 7 pounds you earned every one of them :)