Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Go Tell it on the Mountain!

The week before the week before Christmas there are usually a bunch of evening events.  Last week was like this and messed up evening sanity dining and relaxing.  The Christmas card was designed, sweatshop produced and mailed.  YEA!  

On Monday the girls and I went to see Rented Christmas, a cute musical West Jordan did about a single guy who rents everything he’d need for a “perfect Christmas” including a wife and 6 children.  Addie commented that she knew just how it was going to end.  Our neighbor was the lead character and he was entertaining. 

The Isaac got his hair cut.  I kept shrieking during the buzzing because there were so many long locks that fell.  In the end he looked different, as I expected, and older.  He looks a lot like the James Mair! 

Thursday we attended The Lower Lights Christmas concert at the Masonic Temple.  That music does something to my soul.  To describe it:  folksy familiar Mormon hymns. My favorite songs were, In the Bleak Midwinter, Stars of Glory, and Calling You and the revival style preaching at the end.   Go listen to I Saw Three Ships and you’ll see how the Virgin Mary and Christ were there on Christmas day on Christmas day…..

012

I am their only geeky groupie and while chatting with the wife of the redheaded vocal/guitarist, Paul, felt flushed with adrenaline.  When we left I saw the leader of the group, Ryan Tanner, and called out to him, “you did a great job!” like I knew him. Well, he's in my house at least once a day during December...

017Sunday was the Mair Family Christmas party.  We missed the Campbells so minus them, how about  this crazy bunch?  Full of personality!  Stockton, you have perfect 70’s hair.   We were spoiled by Grandpa Mair and his new wife Audrey.  Thank you for gifts that my kids loved and a new pan set almost like the one I had bought two days before.  Great minds… 

The tree’s slowed way down on drinking water, it’ll make it barely to the big day!

Today Benjamin asked about Merry Christmas in Portuguese?  Feliz Natal /ben-humming/!  Be good so Papai Noel will bring you gifts. 

And it seems I can’t go one day without eating Pepperjack Cheese.  On eggs, and with celery! 

Merriest of Day to you all on the 25th!  I’m so excited for the energy and fun and for time to read and eat after the morning  chaos.