Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Updates

1.  This week I threw out the yellow towels I receive for my wedding from Judy Barney.  They were almost 14 years old, thin, very pale and frayed. They had stopped being our regular towels more than a little bit ago—but I thought they had something left in them.  They didn’t.  They were done.    
2.  Our back yard neighbors acquired a trampoline a few weeks ago and now, I, do not need to buy one! Conrad
3.  My  little sister had her fourth baby a little more than a week ago.  Conrad Allen is RAD.  He and his little eyebrows will take on the world. 
4.  I’ve missed recording my pictures, doings and recipes.  Since I can’t seem to make my fingers type an update on face book, I have to do it here.  
5.  I had three other roommates my second year in college at CEU.  We dot the map now but 3 out of the 4 of us are serving as young women presidents.  Kathi, is in the relief society presidency.
6.  Another word on Young Women…they are gems.  This is my rookie season, my first time, I’m fresh, and the line on “strengthening home and families” still trips me up. 
7.    The kids have been off track for two weeks, we’re just starting our third.  We’ve taken advantage of Ikea’s free food Tuesday every single week:)  Join me tomorrow?  The kids also made and sold chocolate chip cookies to the classmates still in school that walk home in front of our house. 
8.  I’ve only been to Disneyland once,  three years ago.  We get to visit again in the coming weeks.  Yahoo and counting down! 
9.  We will be flying there and maybe you should too.  ME and James;  upon applying for and complying  with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card,  bought 6 round trip plane tickets to LAX ended up costing $248.  Total.  Hopper tickets to Walt’s parks cannot be mentioned here, however, they were full price.   
10.  Please read the book Unbroken By Laura Hillenbrand .  It’s my recommendation on repeat. 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am cracking up about the towels, and that you mention who gave them to you. I have some 18 1/2 years old (gasp!) that still fill the linen closet even if they're not good enough for the towel bar. Because what if ... what if .. what if I had a flood someday? You know I would need all 17 of those old ratty towels to soak up as much as a new one would.

Love your updates!

By the way, what happened to your New York post? It showed up in my blog list but no where else. I need my vicarious vacation fix!

Megan Allen said...

I read Unbroken in a day last summer. I would also definitely recommend it. I'll probably have to join you on those Ikea trips next year- I can't wait to be living back in the state!

Becky said...

Nora! I've missed your posts, so glad your back, stick around!

Anonymous said...

Love that, especially what you said about the towels, as well as your friend Jennifer. So true! P.S. I hope you haven't spent a morning waiting for me at WHMS. Where have you been? Missed you M and W at 9:30!

The Glitch Boys said...

I still have towels I'm using from my wedding almost 11 years ago, that were given to me by my fourth grade teacher!
Love reading your posts. It's motivated me to get back on my blog after a year hiatus.
And have to second your Unbroken recommendation for everyone. It's one of the most life changing books I've read.