Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

New year’s resolutions and an update

I asked around a bunch this year about resolutions and the response was polar!

“I don’t make ‘em because I don’t keep ‘em”

to

“Where’s the list…

Last year my resolutions were to acquire a new kitchen floor, and to blog faster. Burnt Sugar took me 9.5 months and faster blogging happened but so did neglect and abandonment! Forgiveness please?

This year’s resolutions: and just smile with closed lids that it’s March and I’m typing them down:

#1 Less of my yelling voice. So dumb but I’m trying.

#2 Post 25 recipes on the little ‘ole recipe tab of this blog.

#3 Do something with listening to music and my kids. I really haven’t figured this one out. Dust off my Dell DJ and plug it into something? CDs from the library? Join the rest of the world at itunes? I will report.

#4 Social Temple attendance. It might work. Again I’ll have to report.

#5 Keeping my car keys and my cell in the same small pocket of my purse. I figure I can save at least 5 hours from my life, not looking for them, in just one year. I’m going to put that time toward thinking about a new camera.

Some events to look forward to that could be considered resolutions, but aren’t really because they’ll happen anyway:

#1 Women of Steel triathlon the end of May. Vanessa mentioned it’s a wimpy tri but she probably missed the adj. in the title of the race.

#2 Lotoja 2011! I’m doing the relay version of the longest one day bike race in the nation with Robyn and the, not wimpy Vanessa.

#3 A trip to NYC some time in the fall. Have you been? Without the little guy even.

#4 A decision about countertops, apron sinks, large pricey rugs, media wall built-ins, a kitchen table, fabric window issues and basement lighting improvements. You know my timetable…unbearably long…so this really is not a resolution, just more of an annoying reminder that I debate and have intentions every.single. day.

Update Time

James Mair: is committed to keeping his job which in the next couple of months will require hours and hours of time. I’m all for the commitment because I like it that he has a job.

Addie is doing 100 back handsprings a day for a fudge bar. What will my kids not do for a fudge bar? Pick up their pajamas!

We got baby chicks! They grow before our very eyes but alas tragedy has already struck when Addie’s chick declined and then died, today. We ordered six knowing that death could happen so we'll be happy with five (what we had before) laying girls.

224220

Isaac Scott has doubled in size. Not in lbs. but visually. Proof.

044235

The girls have moved beds to sleep downstairs in the preschool room and the preschool is now mere piles for the DI, the garbage man, and the storage room. I’m ready to paint their old room and move the babe.... so I can sleep through the night.

049

We blessed Isaac Scott the first part of February! Such a fifth (6th) baby thing to do—not mentioning it till now. It was a joint blessing with the beautiful Anna Hawkins. A huge thanks to all family and friends who came to celebrate. It was so enjoyable.

138142

144 113 115 116 117 129130 145148 150 134

I’ve been eye level, then chest high and now knee deep in a decrapification of the basement. Mercy and send a dumpster. I’m almost done.

4 comments:

Miss M said...

What great family pictures! Thanks for posting your update and resolutions. You inspire me with your triathlons.

Jennifer said...

Great update! So full of love and life.

I need to go for resolution #4, too. I still want to watch the little (big!) guy and all the rest sometime for you. Did you get any of my messages?

Unknown said...

I love this post. I went back to spinning for the first time today. Only did 15 minutes. But I am pumped to start training for May!!

Heather C. said...

Thank you for giving me a new word!! Decrapification. I will use it tomorrow for sure.