Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kristy’s Citrus Salad

My sister went to high school with Kristi and she’s a hilarious blogger. Her recipe blog is full of tried-it-liked-it-and-I'll-pass-it-on recipes.

1 package of baby greens (the big package of baby greens at Costco or a couple of heads of Romaine) really just a large bowl full of goodness
1/4 C chopped red onion

1/2 C chopped nuts (I like sliced almonds toasted)

1/3 C crumbled feta (or buy the brick and grate it)

2 tsp lemon zest

1 apple - peeled, cored and sliced

1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced

Dressing
1/2 a can of mandarin oranges

1/2 lemon, juiced

1/2 t lemon zest

1 clove garlic, minced

2 Tbs. olive oil

salt to taste

Mix the dressing in a blender or magic bullet. Dress and toss the salad right before serving. Please dress, dress, dress it because with out the dressing it’s pelado rabbit food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this salad was so good! I'm puttin' it on my menu for this week! Nora, I'll have you know I got the Bake Sale cookbook in the mail today. You are a bad influence! And I officially start my women of steel training schedule tomorrow! You are a good influence!! The good cancels out the bad ;)

Unknown said...

Did you know that I am friends with Kristi, the hilarious blogger? I didn't know that she was one of your imaginary friends!

Kristi said...

My worlds are colliding! I am so happy you like my blogs! And I am also happy you like Marisa : ) Ha ha. Small world!