Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Day Off

Beside speed, a high speed quad ski lift offers a chance to find out where people come from to ski at Deer Valley. Florida…Atlanta…New York, Robyn and I rode up with all of them today. And when asked where we were from and where we worked we told them…

“Well, Salt Lake City, and we left a bunch of little kids with my sister to come and do this”. We would all agree it was a nice ‘day off’.

However one gentleman did ask if we were going to be skiing tomorrow. "I wish,” I replied, “I could only get today off.” wink wink

“Oh really?” he quizzed, “I work in Draper, where do you work?”

“Oh..well..I have five kids…I left them today to come do this…”

“Oh cool, so where do you work?”

228

Paige’s Play Group

234

And about the skiing…It was glor.REE.us! All worth the effort!

Blessed thanks to Donna who took on two 4 month old babies, and 3 other little ones, so we could go. She’s a fine wet nurse if you you’re lookin’.

Blessed thanks to Bevan, for sporting us the passes and a great set of skis. pssst, Monica, I borrowed your boots.

Blessed thanks to James Mair, for hanging back to send the big kids off to school, before he headed into work.

And blessed thanks to the Wasatch County Sheriff, who pulled me over going 29 in a school zone, and warned that it was a pretty expensive ticket and to just watch for it the next time I came through.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Ha ha, I got pulled over a few weeks ago for going 12 over. He let me off with a warning and I had the distinct thought of,"Nora would have gotten off too." I was right;)

Miss M said...

I love that you even thanked the cop. So funny.

Nicholle said...

PD...That sounds so fun. I need a blog lesson! How did you do your fabulous family photo on the heading?

krissy said...

So glad you updated. You are so entertaining, as always! I got pulled over last week and got a ticket! My first in about 10 years, so not fair ( even though I was speeding ). See you at bookclub my friend.