Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two homecomings in one day...

My good friend Jennifer suggested the name Slick. That made me laugh. As for a name, I'll commit today. Isaac and Andrew are in the lead.

The kids came to see him last night. It was the highlight of the day although Cafe Rio from James Mair and an Iceberg shake from the most compassionate Bishop EVER, were close seconds. Stuart jumped up on the couch where I was nursing and asked, "Does he want to go back in mom?"
"Nope, he's just eating dinner."
Benjamin kept asking about pants, "Did you bring some pants for him, mom? Don't you want to put them on?"
Is it #4 that finds opportunity in all things? While kids were taking turns holding bruiser, Stuart took his turn with this: A big shout out to Nanny Donna, the most adorable yoga ball on popsicle sticks toting around 4 other kids for two days! She got some strange looks, go figure. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Donna.
Talk about irony of life--James' mother passed away this morning. She was a compassionate and humble gal that taught me how to burp a Mair baby. When Addie was born, she propped her up and squeezed her tummy and talked about a bubble. It's worked for all of them. While we head home, she did as well. Cliche I know--we'll miss her.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Nora, He's beautiful, your family is beautiful, and you are looking so good! The cake looked so good as well. Congratulations, we can't wait to meet him in a month!!!:)

krissy said...

So sorry about you MIL Nora. How bittersweet. I hope your transition home goes smoothly. The kids looked so excited, I love when my kids get to meet the new baby. I will come see you next week when my cold is all gone. Happy nursing;)

Jennifer said...

I am heartbroken at the news of James' mother. I am so sorry. I'd been praying for her and wanted her to get better.

I am sure hugging your new little one will take on extra meaning and provide a little extra comfort, straight from heaven. Please give my best to James.

Well, if Stuart got the cake, at least is wasn't chocolate pudding. My visiting children wanted that off my hospital tray one time, and I said NO WAY!

P.S. Wait, so Slick is a no-go?

Becky said...

Nora, congrats on your beautiful baby boy! I loved all your posts from the last few weeks...your floor looks amazing!

Sushi-Mama said...

Ohhh, James. Sending our love your way. What a week- huh? Talk about the "cicle of life." I'm so sorry about your loss and so happy about your chubby little guy. Love the pictures with the siblings.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to snuggle chunky monkey to sleep.
Aunt Diann

amylouwhosews said...

what a cute little guy! Congratulations!!

I'm sorry for the loss of James's mother and the kid's grandma. It's rough.

hugs to all!
xox