Pages

Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010 and Updates

094

I just threw the pumpkin shirts at them in the car on the way there,

“Quick, change, we’re hitting the pumpkin patch on the way to Winco.”

These last two weeks of fall festivities haven’t been all I’ve dreamed of. Ignore the sneers—they feel the same.

However, Halloween never disappoints, the night of anyway. Lots of CANDY and….

Toothless, a Night Fury Dragon…

139

I was so close to buying the one at Mart-Mart, $19, with a plastic scary mask and all. I didn’t! I ignored all the blogs in my reader for one day and applied myself. A sweat suit from Mart-Mart with wing and tail attachments from a hacked up maternity jumper (circa 2000, blech). He wore it everyday up to Halloween and with the tail unpinned, it’s PJs for the next year.

Paige, a perfect pink witch…142Paige was pretty particular about the ribbon for her witch costume. If you got bread from me for Christmas last year—same stuff.

An Owl…147

Addie’s was the easiest by far, My mom made this for me and I wore it when I was in third grade. James really liked it that she looked kind of like a chicken besides an owl.

And Yoda! 135

133 134 152143 132

He wanted to be Yoda and nothing else; it was the lure of the light saber I know. With a gunny sack, glue gun, construction paper and 20 minutes, I had this. And truly, only kids around two feet tall can pull off Yoda, adults and pets look ridiculous.

148

Grandma and Grandpa came by to give treats. The only real casualty from the chaos of “floors and trim” was that the pumpkins did not get carved. I really want the seeds (and every year I say I’m going to cook down the actual squash and use it) so they might get cut open for that, we’ll see.

From this:

092

to this in about a week.

116

As far as baby goes…nothing yet. I was feeling great these last four weeks, with minimal vein pain and lots of energy but after Friday’s Dr. appointment where I came out with 1 1/2 cm dilation, I felt shut down. My body just wants to sleep, eat and shift to breath. Hurray a baby is coming.

Can you tell I got a new camera? The patch pictures and the last yoda one are with the old camera that had been dropped one too many times (off the Wild Mouse at Disneyland even). The new one is a Kodak C140 point a shoot and the quality is much better, thank you James Mair. One day I’ll take the plunge for an Digital SLR but I’m chicken and paralyzed at spending large amounts of money—unless we’re talking flooring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable costumes. Hope you get a baby soon. Oh, and when you're ready to get a digital SLR I highly recommend getting a used one from KSL. I got a SWEET deal on mine that way. Now if I could just take some photography classes so I could do something other than the auto setting with it!

Sushi-Mama said...

You are a domestic goddess even at 9 months pregnant! The floors look lovely. We'll come see them and the baby in person when I can walk again. Keep us posted on baby. . .
Love you!

Jennifer said...

Costumes are awesome. Another reason only yard-tall toddler children can pull off Yoda is because their sentence structures match.

Can't wait for the baby news!