Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bryce Canyon July 2010

082100123

 

We loved Bryce Canyon! It’s a great place to take kids.  All the look outs count as “hikes” but they’re short with a great view at the end.  We hiked a little into the canyon to see the Hoodoos—hot and fascinating.

The kids signed up as junior rangers.  One of the requirements was to pick up garbage on the trail which was almost a deal breaker for Ben but he rallied.  He found a Capri Sun straw wrapper!  Riding the “shovel” bus and swimming at Ruby’s Inn were highlights too. 

Personally I can’t get enough of the red rock, contrasting green trees, and blue blue sky.  The temperatures were dreamy for mid July.  Sign me up for Goblin Valley come April (grin, sigh).

031  033057108109   114077

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the picture of Stuart! What a great trip, I've forgotten what red rock looks like, thanks for the reminder! You look great!

Michelle said...

If looks like you had a lot on fun! I love all the pictures! Did you like your campsite? I'll have to put it on our list.

Vanessa Sutton said...

What a fun trip!! Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ruby's Inn is one of our favorite places to camp! And the four wheeler trails are to die for...looks like you had a great time!

utdaisy said...

Just so you don't think that some creap is lurking on your website, that anonymous above was me...I'm still trying to figure this all out...and I'm blonde:)

Nicholle said...

We took the kids to Bryce and Zion's last year over UEA! It was such a fun trip. I love Zion's, but Bryce was my favorite! Can't wait to do it again! And BTW...You do look rather cute!

Susan said...

what beautiful pictures, and such a cute family. Looks like a GREAT trip! Do they have any accessible trails?

Stacey said...

I LOVE all your pictures! Looks so fun.