Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

And the winner is…

Blue  And by the way, we’re having a baby.  November 7th! 

BABY_49

So far so good.  He looked healthy, wiggly and bigger than normal so the date’s been moved up!  Wahoo.

It’s just the regular and not so regular stuff with this current uterine tenant.  Heart burn, hungry all the time,  and itchy hips (stretch marks are a stretchin’).  Included also have been a few ear zits (ouch), intense allergies and four of my cups are too small. 

All the medical persons who looked on my chart today during and after the ultrasound, said –oh this baby evens it all up!  And such a nice pattern.  GGBGBB.  And then my heart aches and I feel like one’s missing because she is.   We do miss her here.  I cried through the whole ultrasound and not because of that, but because of the whole miracle of it all.  And in the end a baby.  Hopefully.

Yesterday Benjamin asked again how the baby comes out.  He asked in all sincerity,  “Do your shoulders go back and they unzip the baby out?” all while zipping his stomach to neck line.  Oh Benjamin—I’d love to be able to show you a zipper.  I just responded with my old line of, “remember how all girls have three holes?”  He said he had to go out and swing.     

13 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, how I love Ben. Congratulations on baby boy number 3. I was wrong with my guess, oh well.

Sharon said...

Congratulations! Oh, a darling little boy, am I possibly baby hungry, yes, I am going to go find her!
Oh and congratulations on having the date moved up, it's like Christmas coming early!!

Unknown said...

i didn't know. Congrats!!!! So exciting!

Char said...

Yay!!!! i'm so excited for you. You and your family (all of them!) will be in our prayers.

Cindy Jepson said...

Wow Nora, That is fantastic. Congratulations!

Becky Beck said...

The reply “remember how all girls have three holes?” ends the conversation every time! Congrats Nora...love love love baby boys (baby girls too :)

amylouwhosews said...

I miss her too. AND you! I'm so excited for you!

Jen said...

What wonderful news! I wonder if Charlotte gets sad to see these spirits leave heaven for a time? My heart is so touched by images of your family at that time and now. My kids love your Christmas card and showing people your little angle!
Boa Sorte!

Jade said...

Congratulations!!! You are such a great mom.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Nicholle said...

Congrats PD! That is sooo exciting!

Jennifer said...

At first, when I saw just the post headline, I thought -- Shoot! Did she have some kind of blog giveaway I didn't know about?

So now maybe you can have a drawing for turns to hold the cutie when he comes. Congratulations! I remember Kyle's curiosity at that same age. Really, c-sections are much easier to explain. Just wait, though, until the kiddos start asking how the baby got IN.

I love the breezy, conversational style of your posts. I hear your voice. (Me, I must be a bore.)

Holli said...

Nora!! I really need to check your blog more often!! I am so excited that you are pregnant--and a boy!! That is so great. Congratulations! What are you craving? Let's go to dinner. :)