Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

New calling, knitting, & snowboarding

So I’m done playing the piano in primary and onto teaching the 10 & 11 year old girls.  Eleven active girls (4th-6th grade) and I get to have activities with them twice a month.   It reminds me of Merry Miss, back when my mom was called.  They made wooden dog plant holders and decorated cakes.  Fun things!  The program was absent when I came of age but even the church recycles.

I found my old knitting needles.  Something I own is old?  My Grandma Allen taught me how to knit when I was trying to align the stars and conceive.  It worked, maybe a little too well—those needles haven’t aligned anything in about 8 years.  Yesterday I dragged all the kids to the McDonalds play land to run off energy.  And there I was, with a book from the library trying to remember, lime green preschool yarn to boot.  I’m going to knit James Mair a sweater.  He refuses to believe it. 

I’ll be snowboarding tomorrow with my 62 year old mother and Donna and Bevan.  You’ll deserve pictures and maybe even a video from my cool vado video recorder.   

  115

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.