Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knitting and Nonsense

After five days of picking up and putting down the lime green yarn and needles. Voila! A bitty bib? I was aiming for a wash cloth size of something but ran out of green. I even had to bind off with some white. In this sample I practiced knitting, purling, and a little of knit 2 purl 2.

IMG_2835

My aunt is collecting pictures of all the afghans my Grandma Allen has made. I’d be interested in the number but I bet it’s more than 100. Here is the one she made for Charlotte, in the spring of 2001. I love it. It’s very similar to Paige’s yellow blanket—she told me about the really soft yarn that they are both made out of. We don’t use this one much. It’s just special-- and the popcorn pattern is adorable.

IMG_2817

This one she made for me and James for our wedding. The summer of 1998. I have it by my bed and this Sunday past, I took a nap under it. Perfect for napping.

IMG_2820

So I’ll admit it only once but I'm currently addicted to craft blogs, decorator blogs, & before and afters. It started searching out ideas for my new years resolution and a new kitchen floor. I spend too much time looking, just ask me if I’ve been to a flooring store yet this year. And the culprit would be this little site here—you might have been there. Maybe not. But be warned--it’s a slippery slope. And if you slide off ----Weeeeeeeee! (That’s me sliding with you.)

It’s the first place I go when Ben and I need a project to keep us busy. Kids stuff, printables, home projects....mercy.

IMG_2810

Wondering? It’s been this long since Hawaii.

IMG_2822

4 comments:

Heather C. said...

I love the toenail!!

I can't wait to see Grandma's book. That's a lot of crocheting and a lot of lovin'.

bonnie j said...

Hey Nora, can you send these pictures to me?? They are perfect and I was just trying to find your email address today and thought " I will just go on her blog" (to remind you about the afghan pics) and there they were! Do you need my email address? let me know...thanks so much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy said...

My Google Reader has at least 40 craft blogs in it!