Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Helicopter Ride Hawaii Part 2

I'm always quick to point out the over the top nature of things; I have frugal roots and cheap tendencies. So I'm pointing out the extreme luxury of a trip to Hawaii, and now the most over the top (unbelievable) thing we've ever done...flying in a helicopter to see the parts of Kauai you can't see from a car.The "Jurassic" Falls. The Na Pali coast...are there words folks?
My words, over the top! I kind of wish I had a better camera--

Some more links for you. James used betterbidding.com's forum to find out what hotels were in the "resort" category for Kauai. Only three, The Hyatt, Sheraton, and Marriott. The forum also has a calender where bidders can post what they "won" and for how much. We thought this might be an option so we watched the bids and saw winners get rooms for around $100-110 a night. We could have done it a little cheaper but "on the beach" and "ambiance" speak when once in a life time rolls around right? We also used the forum to watch rental cars and for $15 a day, a (Ahem freshly out) compact was ours!

We bought the "Happenings" or Hawaii Entertainment book bought off Ebay. It had coupons for the Polynesian Cultural Center [two for the price of 1 show ticket], Priceline [$10 off a night] and The Dole Plantation [Pineapple Ice Cream Cone 2fer].

We used this book: The Ultimate Kauai Guide Book, Kauai Revealed. We took our library's copy but it was the 5th edition. One restaurant we tried to find was gone. Since James was driving I read the book, cover to cover. The hikes, beaches and food recommendations were right on.

James read this blog every day before we went: http://www.govisithawaii.com/ I now read it everyday since we've returned. shameless...

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you very much for reading and mentioning Go Visit Hawaii! Some times I wonder if anyone is reading and it makes my day when I discover that someone does!

I'm really glad that you found the site to be helpful for your planning. I try to write every article as if I'm giving advice to family or good friends so that they will have the best time possible.

OK, I'll shut up now, so I can go back to reading about your vacation.

Mahalo!
Sheila

Nicholle said...

I so want you to plan a trip to Hawaii for us! It looks so amazing!