Pages

Friday, September 04, 2009

Embracing The Tole Tree With Apples

Most of you know I teach preschool; eight years of preschool. I'm amazed myself. This week was crunch week for getting ready--class starts on Tuesday. Last night was the open house with lots of energy and shy smiles. With a not so shredded preschool, my kids tested out the school supplies this afternoon.
The glue lip...
The lefty, cuttin' with with his right...
And the die cutter. So a couple of hours before the open house I still had everything pulled out, dejunking, purging and organizing. Then I had a very adult thought:

"I don't want to be stressed trying to get everything put back."

It caught me of guard--when have I ever avoided stress? I produce my best work under pressure!

Behold the guest bedroom...

I now have two weeks until Sharon and Vanessa come!
You haven't missed Ben's eyes right? Can you see my camera?

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, a true Ackerson, why do it now when you can do it a whole lot better later?

Nicholle said...

Have you ever been able to find lefty scissors? It looks like you have lots more room!

amylouwhosews said...

you are amazing! Did you paint that apple tree on your wall? It's gorgeous!!!

amylouwhosews said...

PS - I'd totally be sending my kids to Ms. Nora for preschool if we lived there. We are starting this year for Alison!!

Jennifer said...

Fantastic pictures, love the natural light. The eyball pic zapped me.

Heather C. said...

Your preschool looks really cute--I'll have to post some pics of mine. You're inspiring, as I am starting my fifth year of doing it in my house, and I'm craving more square footage for...ME...and all my grown-up stuff.