Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hair, Bowls, and POW!

Every one said, "Congratulations".

But he didn't campaign.

He is James Mair.

He is the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric.

But congratulations in genuine-mormon-member-lingo really means, "I approve and support you in the new way that you will serve me". At least that's what I felt. Ya, it was said to me too. The member of the Stake Presidency told James Mair to kiss me "goodbye" on his way up to sit on the stand--and he did. Kissing at church? Husband on the stand? It's a different world than yesterday...
We all went for hair cuts at the Homer Salon Style and Therapy. Addie's is chin length with a bit of stacking sass going on in the back. Paige's bob was just trimmed, and for me, Brynn found natural curl with a diffuser and "product". She's a miracle worker.I found new bowls! They were labeled Ice Cream Bowls--but that won't stop me from eating cereal in them or ice cream or both for breakfast. Has anyone else ever done this? James Mair was appalled when we were first married.
Tai Pan--4 for $5! I bought 8.

13 comments:

Angela said...

love the bowls. love the hair.
I WISH WE HAD A TAI PAN TADING IN VEGAS. and and IKEA while i am putting in a request! and NORA!

Jennifer said...

Forgive me if this is redundant, my first comment just disappeared!

Wow! Congra . . . oh, never mind.

It's always puzzled me why people use that word with calling recognition. You nailed it.

Cute stuff all around.

Donna and Bevan said...

Hurray for curly hair! I remember when they did that to Sharon at the Aveda salon in Ann Arbor. The girl was determined to make her hair curl!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Your hair looks great! 2nd counselor sounds like a great experience. James will be GREAT!

LOL about congratulations. I cringe when people say congratulations, but I know they mean well.

Michelle said...

Jason uses the big bowls for oatmeal or malto meal. A regular sized bowl just doesn't cut it. It's only part of this partial breakfast.

Hideaway Girl said...

Will you be dreading sacrament meeting now? I would be afraid...VERY afraid. But then again, my kids are pretty high energy (& loud). Just think of all the blessings your family will receive :)

Cute hair....and bowls!

Nicholle said...

Cute hair cuts! I was just telling my boys about my roommate who would eat vanilla ice cream in her cocoa-cocoa puffs! Glad to hear you still do! hee hee! Have you had any chocolate frozen banana's lately?

Nicholle said...

Cute hair cuts! I was just telling my boys about my roommate who would eat vanilla ice cream in her cocoa-cocoa puffs! Glad to hear you still do! hee hee! Have you had any chocolate frozen banana's lately?

Jade said...

Oh man! I guess it was only a matter of time. Good luck being a single mom in sac mtg. Love the hair do's and the bowls..and that store!

Unknown said...

Love the hair AND the bowls :)

Unknown said...

We all saw the calling coming from a mile away. He will do great, and you will do great sitting as a single mom. I need to get over to Ti Pan and get me some bowls!

Kass said...

Yeah! You're back! Love the bowls, new dos, & POW-great term!I'm not surprised James is in the Bishopric. I could tell he is such a neat, sharp guy and I've only met him a few times!

Anonymous said...

Condolences on the new calling! ;)

Diann