Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Benjamin has the most beautiful brown eyes that he got from his Grandma Mair. He's sending you gamma rays as well.
Stuart was sad about the photo shoot but I love his rectangle mouth when he cries.
It is so cute and he's a sensitive one--so I'm very familiar with the shapes of sadness. Trying...Paige climbed in bed with me the other morning. When I rolled over to get up, my shirt slipped up a bit. While pointing to my bare mid section she asked, "Mommy, where you get those stripes?" I replied, "You." She giggled. "Hey Paige, where you get these stripes?"

Confession: This cute suit is actually from the Mod Zebra line 2004 from Gymboree--now ask me why my brain is filled with useless info like that. Go on and ask.....Well I'll spill. I was a little obsessed with coordination when Addie was about 2 years old--the hair accessories that match the shirt, pants, sweater, socks, shoes, purse. Gymboree is the best for the head-to-toe look. So I bought with plans to resell... I would be an eBay queen and turn a profit while my darling was dressed to the nines!

Reality: I didn't ever start selling because I could only stand to buy clearance and I had more babies. More babies equal more happiness but also, a lot less time to wash, rotate, shop, line dry and follow the resell market... And what a relief.

Now some notes on kids clothes.

1. Kids are adorable no matter what they wear--I knew this from the start but I was a little on the thicker side after bearing my first. I didn't like to buy clothes for me so I just bought for Addie.
2. All children's clothing equaled out about two years ago--It's true--I used to be able to see a difference in clothing bought at the mall compared to big box stores but quality wise, I swear it's all the same now. Cute stuff at the Wal-marts, cute stuff at the outlets, cute stuff at the mall. And it all lasts for about 1 1/2 kids.
3. Get this...Customs [home sewn clothes] are going for big bucks. Now I just can't get into this scene- It's cute--but is it? $99 for a suit of jeans with applique and ruffles? Kind of clowny in my honest opinion. Click on her other auctions--I dare ya. Addie would love it all. Maybe you do too.....
4. I still shop and take the role of wardrobe manager seriously, but I'm not competent. I can't stand to buy stuff that is not fun to buy, like: socks, underwear, boots, athletic shoes, --so I don't and I hear: "There is nothing to wear...."

This little kid post with the Paige dialogue took a hard left--let me see if I can correct it--To any of you that do not have leftover stripes as a reminder of pregnancy bliss, you can have Paige's Mod Zebra suit next year, it's a 2T, and it still has some resell value ;)

7 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

I looked at that auction. Not very cute. I've seen some way better ruffled pants that aren't so, um, ugly, other places.

I'm with you - Target/Kohl's clearance racks are the way to go. If it's more than 4$ I have a hard time buying! I love the Carter's stuff at Costco too.

Kim said...

Hey, I clicked on that link and asked Emma what she thought of the outfit. Her reply, "Is it a halloween outfit?" I'd have to agree with her. I think we're more into the cute but not so extravagant around here:) And I definitely wouldn't pay $99 for it... but then you know me.

Unknown said...

I think she was trying to go for the 'Matilda Jane' look, you can google it. Matilda knows how to do the ruffled pants right, this lady....a little off.

Jennifer said...

I remember that outfit! I got stretch marks on my . . . bosom . . . AFTER my first was born, when my milk came in. Talk about adding insult to injury! I also got new stretch marks when the doctors turned Elise. Ouch.

My poor children will never be fashion mavens. Maybe that's why most of their pictures are closeups.

Susan said...

I'm a hand-me-down queen. and Wal-mart. Remember when we used to have a moment of silence for our beloved Wal-mart? I'm with you: It looks like a clown.

Jade said...

Maybe you should start making ruffled jeans and selling them? Funny. $99.....seriously? I can't remember if I ever told you I sold Lexi's old stuff on ebay. It's actually good profit Nora, I think you should reconsider.;)

Unknown said...

Yay Nora! Glad you're back on the blog scene! We need to get together again soon!