Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I never blogged about these babies but I had intentions...hence the pictures. We planted a white peach tree last year and it gave us one peach. This year we got twenty! Following this math I can expect 200 or 20,000 next year and either way I can't wait till this delicious goodness comes back. I'm convinced that the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden was a nicely chilled white peach at the peak of ripeness. There's no way I would have been able to resist.
And to add yet another distraction to my life I've joined face book. I don't really get it yet--I'm sure it's because I'm used to blogging where you find blasts and oodles of info immediately-- but with face book it looks and feels like a year book. Who wants to go back to high school? Give me time--I've found blogs through it and that's fun fun fun!

13 comments:

Christensen family said...

Congrats on crossing over to the facebook life. I will look you up! Those peaches look fabulous!

Christensen family said...

Congrats on crossing over to the facebook life. I will look you up! Those peaches look fabulous!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Yummmmy! Will you be my facebook friend? :)

amylouwhosews said...

Oh those peaches look glorious!!!

Donna and Bevan said...

I never saw the thrill of facebook. It's just a "network". Someone once asked me if I was on Facebook, I told them I was a blogger. He was like, what's a blog? Huh. It's basically like facebook... with depth. But you can totally be both.

Michelle said...

Yummy peaches! I've been thinking about one, do you have to spray it? OH- Parenting mag (I think Nov.) has a gymboree coupon and your dinner a pumpkin takes more like 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook. Oh and get out the plastic! We had dinner, then I cut the pumpkin into fourths, there was plenty left over for 4 more dinners.

Michelle said...

and . . . . I need the recipe for honey mustard ckicken- yummy!
(and the lime/corn chip one too!)

Jennifer said...

Where did you find a white peach tree to plant? Is it a dwarf variety? We've been looking in vain.

Also, I just had to point out that you've had TWO once-in-a-lifetime trips! I remember you referring to your Mexico vacation that way, too. :) What a neat relationship you and James have. Happy, loving parents influence happy, loving children.

Jennifer said...

P.S. Michelle -- your picture just popped up. You look fantastic! Could Nora email me your address?

Spencer family said...

We have to buy our peaches at the store. But we love them even if they aren't as good as home grown. I hope you do have a ton next year. You could make yummy jam!

Amber said...

Ummm, those look yummy!

Robyn said...

Ohhh...they were so good.

Susan said...

I think facebook is the man's version of blogging. It's the virtual equivalent of the grunt and nod. No pictures, no pretty decorations, or nice stories like us women folk enjoy. It's just a guy thing.....plain and to the point.