Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Find me some time

I really love the internet and our replay tv (like tivo). Yesterday, I spent the afternoon on facebook, reading blogs from Google reader (such a time saver;), checking emails, reading my good reads updates and checking my "tabs". I made dinner and then watched Chuck and Eli Stone (it's a winner). But I've run into a bit of a problem--there just wasn't any time to fold any laundry, finish painting the front door, start and finish Benjamin's robot costume, and read with Addie, let alone wean Stuart from his bottle, rip out the front flower beds, get ready for preschool, call and coordinate book club dinner and shop for a new kitchen faucet.
No, really, does anyone have this snowballing issue? What do I do? Do I need a timer?. I will consider all suggestions to solve this current "problem".

Addie with Santa when she was about 9 months. You know... the 4th folder tag....

9 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Geez. When I have too much to do I get overwhelmed and have been known to bag it all and take the whole day off. I think the key is to enjoy that day off and NOT feel guilty. It's too easy to feel guilty and then it's not much of a day off. Enjoy you days off as much as possible so you feel refreshed the next day.

I need to listen to my own advice.

BTW - speaking in code here - how is that "thing" going that we talked about on the phone?

Susan said...

You just described my life!!!! If I tried to give any advice it would just be the blind leading the blind.

p.s. I just finished a new digital kit. I'll send you a freebie if you're interested.

Jade said...

what??????? you're laundry isn't all folded and put away while you're on the computer? You might want to check your washing machine, it might be broken!

amylouwhosews said...

oh I hear you!! We got rid of our TV service and all my freed up time seems to be used up here on the internet blogging!

Kim said...

If you ever find the answers... let me know. Until then, I like the comment about not feeling guilty. Maybe I'll just focus on that:)
I love the pictures of the peaches; they look so yum.
We're excited to see you on Friday:)

Susan said...

TAG!!!

check out my blog to see what you've been tagged for.

Michelle said...

I always wish i could use the remote control to "push pause" on the entire world while I get 36 hours of sleep and clean the entire house.

Unknown said...

hmmm...i was hoping someone would have the answer in these comments. A month or so ago I had the impression come to me that I am a Mom first and a cook n' clean second and that has helped me with priorities with Abi. We totally have to work in our own time though and April was right--we can't feel guilty about it when it is in healthy amounts.

KA said...

Let me know when you find a solution to the snowball problem. I need about 4 more days in each week and then I might be okay. I can't believe you are the mother of four and so on top of things. Good to see your pics!!! twitter