Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Look who's 1!

Can you believe that this kid is one? Yea, I really can't either. And he's fooling everyone because, he's still bald, he can't walk and loves his bottle. So he looks like a baby and he'll be one for a while, which is just fine with me.
Because when they grow up....
they don't get this excited about..... A Ball!
Don't laugh at the wrapping of his present, it's the Mair side of me that comes out (it was really wrapped in love but you can't capture that with a camera). Seriously, do you think he got the shaft? I mean if he were the first born--there would be presents galore... but there are already toys all over this house that he has a glorious time playing with...he just didn't have a ball...so that's what he got.
And look at that cute grin. Note, the unimpressed 6 year old in the back ground.
And here he can't wait for it to come back. And Addie's face--you can tell she's seen a ball or two. I hope he stays a baby for a little while longer anyway, just so I can be entertained by him being entertained, by a ball.

And a clue for about the next post. I'm off to San Francisco this week to rendezvous with James after his work conferences. I'm going to be vague about when I'm leaving and returning so that blog stalkers won't raid my house and take away my precious jewels (my kids). But a note on getting ready 4 kids for 4 days.... There will be a total of NINE people watching them at various times during my absence. How about that? Baby sitters, grandma, aunts, uncles, friends; the master schedule I typed out of who, goes where, when, is over two pages. Wow...to think I do the job of 9 folks. No wonder I need a vacation. And to all of you who are so generously watching my jewels, THANK YOU!

PS Mrs. Newman, Addie's 1st grade teacher, is by far the easiest one to coordinate, and the least put out by my leave. Wait a minute...10!

8 comments:

Christensen family said...

AWWW he is adorable. Happy 1st! My younger kids get less and less every year.... just don't want the toys around either. Have a great time in Sunny California!!!

Angi said...

He is a cutie. Can you believe how fast they grow up? Don't you wish they could stay little for just a bit longer?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Ha ha. I love it. You do the job of 10. I agree. It's tough being a mom. I'm so happy you get to go on your vacation!! Have a great time.

Spencer family said...

I would have to say that it went fast for me!! He is so cute! All my boys were crazy for balls too. I love all your summer pictures. You guys have rocked this summer. I wish we could have done half of all the fun things that you posted! There is always next year!

Kim said...

What a cute birthday boy! Hope your trip was a success. I'm sure you had a blast. It was so fun to have Paige last week. We're excited to see you this weekend:)

kelly said...

Nora, I found you! Actually Mindy hooked me up, but yeah now I can keep in touch better. You're family is so fun to read about. BTW, I love your paid shorts. They look cute on you. :)

kelly said...

I meant to type plaid, you get the picture...

Donna Madsen said...

Nora,

This is Donna Hawk Madsen. I found your blog on Annice's blog. What a cute family you have. I hope you are great!