Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Ordered the Couch!

I went to Bassett last week and decided to buy the couch. It's ordered and will be here sometime in January. I was going to take a picture of it but I had taken my camera out of my purse to get shots of The Boy who is now three months old! Here's one from the Basset web site. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's comfortable in a not overstuffed style.
Stuart has really mellowed out for an update on his mood. He's sleeping great! Still sometimes with me but digging the crib scene so I'll be sending the cradle down stairs.
I've been a slacker blogger because I keep getting lost in the jungle. You might wonder where that would be.... AMAZON.com... They've offered free shipping on most things. With no tax and no dragging four kids with peeping eyes around town I figure I'm coming out ahead. I've got some birthday and just because it was such a good deal stuff too so we'll see on the coming out ahead in the end.

This weekend we had a blast of a Christmas party with all my family. It started off calm enough with some graham cracker houses and candy.

















Then we moved on to some pot luck souping and cheeseballing. Oh Missy yum. James and I have finished it off.










And then...the presents. The energy was palpable. Not only did the cousins all share presents but then Grandma Christy brought out her home runs.













Yea the shots are not the best.....Tom FORGOT his camera...I know.... a travesty. But we did have a lot of fun and there was a lot of Christmas Cheer. We missed you Arizona Prendergasts and Michigan Thackers.
So It's Sunday night and I'm ready to commit to this week's much needed focus. Christmas Cards. Last year we sent out a DVD and in years past I've done some crafty numbers...I really like getting them and putting them together will be fun too, so I'm putting it out there. Also I really need to start sleeping again, but that's just my self inflicted online shopping and nursing insomnia, very curable. What's your commitment for this week? Laurie, how's the mud room?
Merry Christmas everyone if I don't get back to posting until after the big day!





5 comments:

Sharon said...

Nora, I love the couch and I love the fact your my sister because we are so much alike. My goal for this week is to get some much needed sleep, i'm such an internet junky!!! Have you ever checked out dealigg.com....or tanga.com...

Robyn said...

What a fun day with the cousins! I think we need to make some graham cracker houses-they looked like so much fun. I can't wait to see the couch. My goal for the week is to pay my library fine and start reading "The Great Gatsby."

Amber said...

I'm trying to email a Christmas letter. I couldn't get it together to send a real card, and now I can't motivate myself to even email one. Aaarrgh.

Your party looked like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

what a great couch! I'm glad you went with the one you love!

amylouwhosews said...

I love the couch! It looks so comfy and durable! I have little Christmas cards ready and the labels printed off, but I haven't had the energy to get them out yet! I have to go buy stamps, and I'm not looking forward to that....